Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am stuck in a very tough situation, My wife is visiting a hospital (Not naming it because of UAE Rules) though we were not satisfied with their facilitates , but my wife was comfortable with the doctor. The hospital is private Money making giant.
My wife is currently 27 weeks pregnant.
Recently I requested them to allow us to visit and help us to see their facilities starting from emergency section which end up on total chaos.
A patient was brought in by his family member in total labor pain and the doctor was not available at all to see her.
For a painful 10 minutes we (included me) shouted at emergency section to allow the women to be treated immediately. And that worked. This was an early wake up call for me and I don't end up like that with my wife in pain.
I have done a fair bit of research on that hospital online and the results/comments were horrible.
I would request anyone who can suggest any good private hospital for delivery.

My location is based in Sharjah Corniche but I don't mind taking a hotel for a week or two in front of hospital to avoid any troubles(traffic).

Thank you in advance.(Sorry for my poor grammar)

Jazak Allah Khair

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,963 Posts
Hi,
Are you self paying or do you have insurance cover?
Answer will really depend on above - as any complications during delivery or need for C-section will leave you with a very big bill (100,000 AED is not unusual).
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Are you self paying or do you have insurance cover?
Answer will really depend on above - as any complications during delivery or need for C-section will leave you with a very big bill (100,000 AED is not unusual).
Cheers
Steve
I have elite Plan insurance cover.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
You can choose a gynae who is not attached to a hospital and then discuss the delivery arrangements and hospital with them. You don't need to go to a gynae based in a hospital. There's a number of threads on this subject on the forum if you use the search engine.

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
I just got back from visiting my boss's baby at City Hospital in Healthcare City. They have very positive things to say about the hospital.

Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts