Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am just new to this. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on giving birth in Italy. Our third baby is due in february 2014 and I am officially moved to Italy by December. So our first two were born in Ireland. I have been looking online but can't seem to find any hospital close to us that offer natural childbirth in a home from home setting. I know I can't have gas and air which I use with my first two. An epidual i really don't want to have! I will be living in piedmont region, closest hospitals are novi 20 mins and genoa 45mins. If anyone is living or knows someone I can get in touch with for any information, I would be very grateful :). I feel very scared about the whole thing, language/clinical type setting etc...any information is welcome. Thankyou

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there,

I'm not sure what you mean by a "hospital that offers natural childbirth in a home from home setting".

Maybe you can contact this association here Contatti | Nascere In Casa (an Italian midwives organisation who arrange childbirths at home - with medical assistance etc.), maybe they can help you.

All the best!

·
Registered
627 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts