Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I applied for both Canadian PR and Australian PR in parallel as a back up each other. Now that I got both PR approved would that be a problem? Per my Australian PR I have to make my initial entry by Mid of July 2015. So, Will I have any issues having at the port of entry with my Canadian PR also in my passport? Will I be questioned why I have both and will I be asked to give up one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi rj1975,

Do you know anyone who was / is in same situation as mine. My whole idea is not to jeopardize both. I had to put a lot of efforts to get both of them. If I have to give up one at a later stage I am ok to do that, but not immediately.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi rj1975,

Do you know anyone who was / is in same situation as mine. My whole idea is not to jeopardize both. I had to put a lot of efforts to get both of them. If I have to give up one at a later stage I am ok to do that, but not immediately.
I know a guy who has US, UK, ccanada and Australia citizenships. Did not have any prob to enter any country

·
Super Moderator
5,183 Posts
You should be mindful about residency requirements for each PR that you hold if you want to renew in the future.... the requirements differ from country to country, so you'd be best to take that under advisement and consider the pros and cons of each PR that you have.

You have to prove that you've been in the country for a specified amount of time, and absences have to be accounted for... I know that for the two visas I've had here in the UK (Landed Immigrant status and Permanent Residence) and my upcoming citizenship application, I've had to be able to account for the exact date of my initial arrival as well as each and every time I've left the UK in the 3 years that I've been here, and in addition to proving that I've been in the UK for 3 years, I cannot have been out of the UK for more than 90 days in the 52 weeks (1 year) prior to the date that I submit my application for citizenship.

·
Registered
526 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@WestCoastCanadianGirl : Thanks for your reply. I completely understand that meeting and maintaining a residency requirement is a sure thing to follow to keep the PR status current as well as it is would be helpful when applying for citizenship. However, I have not gone up to that level yet and I am ready to give up one of the PRs indeed when its time for that. All I am worried at this time is, that I don't want the immigration officers at the port of entry to question me why would I have 2 PRs and deny my entry, which will be the worst situation for one to get stuck at the airport with the family especially with a child.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
People carrying dual passports/residency travel without any problem so it's highly unlikely that you will be questioned about holding 2 PR's.

Girl Aussie

All I am worried at this time is, that I don't want the immigration officers at the port of entry to question me why would I have 2 PRs and deny my entry, which will be the worst situation for one to get stuck at the airport with the family especially with a child.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help

Hello,

I applied for both Canadian PR and Australian PR in parallel as a back up each other. Now that I got both PR approved would that be a problem? Per my Australian PR I have to make my initial entry by Mid of July 2015. So, Will I have any issues having at the port of entry with my Canadian PR also in my passport? Will I be questioned why I have both and will I be asked to give up one?
Hi,

I'm in the same situation as yours. I applied for both PR's got my Aus one first and stamped and came in March 2016. I need to stamp canada before next month, i''m in doubt whether it will be a problem ?

Your advice is greatly appreciated, if you can send me your email addy great. so that i can give more details

1 - 10 of 10 Posts