Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
I have the second water damage in my flat with water dropping constantly from the rood into the living room. There is already a water damage in the bedroom.
Apparently, I cannot stop paying rent, but there is something like the following: There is some kind of bank account I have to pay the rent in without being able to access it. But this is not the bank account of the agency (which btw does nothing).
Do you know how this works, please?

I am pretty desperate, because the agency does not do the job, the landlord is not really helpful, but tries to. I cannot really move because I am alone in France and nobody will help me with moving, but also finding another flat will be very difficult.

Thank you for your help.

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Contact ADIL for your area: Site de l'ADIL 38

That's what they're there for - and the first contact (at least) is free.

hils

Reactions: bluesaturn

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Hils,
yes, I think I wrote yesterday an e-mail to them.
Thank you.
If anybody knows more about this bank account thing, thank you for your explanation.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Personally I would definitely stop paying rent, whether I 'can' or not. Nobody can throw you out over winter and it will focus their thoughts a little and get the repairs moving. If they wanted to start proceedings against you, which in any case would have no effect until next spring, it would cost them money and they would be on dodgy ground because they have not kept their side of the bargain; you can bet they won't do anything. Take photos of the damage, record all the times you've asked for it to be repaired and keep the rent to one side in your own bank account so that you are ready to pay it once everything is to your satisfaction. They will tell you you can't do this but I don't think they will be altogether surprised if you do. Sometimes you have to make a stand, otherwise people will walk all over you.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I think you should ask you bank about the account. It is maybe called "compte nanti"
You are right to not stop paying you rent, you would be wrong from the moment you did. Also you should go legal about the situation. See if you home insurance offers legal aid for this kind of problem. As Hils said, contact Adil or la CGL cgl confdration gnrale du logement association dfense locataire copropritaire consommateurs back in Paris we were in a similar situation and they were very helpful. My lesson learned is if I have to face some prejudice again, I will not hesitate to go legal.
Keep all the proofs. If landlord and agency are not doing anything it will take time.

Did you insurance company say anything?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Today somebody from CLCV called me. I will have a visit from 2 people on 20th Nov. It is some kind of consumer action group and I will ask them all about my rights.
There will be on 14th Nov a big meeting in my place (architect, three companies responsible for the work in the flat, owner, me+ a friend).
I will write to those other agencies and hunt down again MAIF because they showed no reaction.
I will not give up because I am really angry. So far the news from me. Lots of things to do.

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Well, it sounds like things are moving forward. Just be patient, now.

hils

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
See what happens with the meetings already organised. Things here take time - I'm sure you already know. Don't get too angry or do anything else without giving those people the chance to help first.

hils

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Hils.
Thank you. Yes, I know. Snail like slow.
I went today to the assurance to ensure the registered my declaration. Yes, but no reaction. Maybe tomorrow.

I am a bit afraid of this meeting, because there will be a lot of people. But I hope I can make my point clear. I did not cheat or lie. Water is still dropping. Do you have any advise for the meeting, please?
Fingers crossed, it will help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.