Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people,

I am sorry if I am repeating this question, but I did a quick search and couldn't find something similar to this hence posting. Please guide me to the link if its already been answered.

One of my friends who got the PR relocated last month to Melbourne and he told me today that now the cutoff has been increased from 60 to 75. I was astonished to hear about this steep rise. Can someone please confirm about this? I haven't managed to find a credible source apart from the hearsay.

·
Registered
23,876 Posts
Hello people,

I am sorry if I am repeating this question, but I did a quick search and couldn't find something similar to this hence posting. Please guide me to the link if its already been answered.

One of my friends who got the PR relocated last month to Melbourne and he told me today that now the cutoff has been increased from 60 to 75. I was astonished to hear about this steep rise. Can someone please confirm about this? I haven't managed to find a credible source apart from the hearsay.
There is no cutoff per se

Let me give you an example
Say that the departments decides that they will issue invites to 250 people in 2613 group in the 1st Round in July

Now there may be 100 applicants with 80 points and and another 200 applicants with 75 points
So what happens is all the 100 with 80 get invited and 150 from 75 points are invited based on who applied earlier and the balance 50 are carried over to the next round including all other applicants with lower scores

This process continues throughout the year with applicants getting added and removed as they are granted the invites
So initially the invite cut off may be high but slowly you will find it will come down to the last year average levels.
But one thing is for sure. Most categories the competition will be tougher then last year due to the visa clampdown

There are many categories which are not so much in demand and in them even 60-65 points are sufficient to get an invite in 1/2 months

So it's just a question of demand and supply.
DIBP just has 2 rules.
Not less then 60 points and higher points get preference irrespective of date lodged

I hope you have now understood the process

Cheers

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Your friend is incorrect, the minimum points is still 60.

However because some occupations are pro rata and have a lot of competition, the limited number of invitations each round get issued to the highest points. For example, accountant invitations have been quickly used up by 75 point EOI submissions for several months. Perhaps this is what your friend is referring to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright. Thanks for the help.

One doubt I have is: I am planning to submit a notarised statutory document in lieu of my company provided experience letter for ACS evaluation. Is it necessary to submit payslips too along with that?

·
Registered
23,876 Posts
Alright. Thanks for the help.

One doubt I have is: I am planning to submit a notarised statutory document in lieu of my company provided experience letter for ACS evaluation. Is it necessary to submit payslips too along with that?
If you are submitting statutory declaration, then you need to submit a secondary evidence
There are only 3 things which ACS will accept

One of which is the first and last payslip preferably

Cheers

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
false alarm :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you newbienz. Wanted to PM you with something but couldn't and hence posting here.

I am in real confusion regarding the payslips.

1) If I somehow manage to get employment reference letter from the HR (from my current & previous employers), even then payslips will be required OR only the reference letter will suffice? I am keeping in mind the requirements of ACS eval as well as when I apply on DIPB website later on while submitting EoI (even they ask for payslips as supporting documents?).

2) If I am not able to get the letter from HRs, then I will have to for SD. In which case, it would be SD for each employment tenure along with 1st and last/most recent payslips. I hope I understood it correctly.

3) In essence, payslips would need to be produced irrespective of approach 1 or 2, am I correct in concluding this?

I ask about payslips because I am currently employed in a startup and the payslip generation systems aren't in place currently.

4) Unrelated but do you think 65 or 70 for software engineer would fetch a grant if I start the process now and get done with everything by mid-Aug 2017?

Thank you so much everyone for the tremendous guidance in this forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts