Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What on earth has happened to Spain this week??? Its been so very quiet. Its half term in the UK and one or two on here have poorly children. Of course Sue's started her new job so she's gonna be quiet, but apart from that why is it so quiet???

So if anyones got any news, questions, trivia, feel free to share!!

Jo xxx

·
Registered
896 Posts
What on earth has happened to Spain this week??? Its been so very quiet. Its half term in the UK and one or two on here have poorly children. Of course Sue's started her new job so she's gonna be quiet, but apart from that why is it so quiet???

Jo xxx
Doggy to the rescue!:clap2:
We've finally signed for the house & the notaria (is that the right spanish?)was a right eye opener. This "black money" (fiddly money you don't declare so the purchase tax is less) lark was a surprise. Everybody knows about it and they even supply rooms where you can go & count it but it seems as long as the notary doesn't actually see it then everything is legal. I asked our bank manager about wandering around town with all that cash, 'cos he brought our "black money" envelope, and he said that he once did a deal for 8,000,000euros (aye, that's million) and the black money came to 1,000,000euros which he stuffed in a bag & duly trotted over to the notaria with. He seemed to think it was quite a giggle.
Suffice to say we stalk him now:D

Doggy

·
Registered
336 Posts

Jo xxx
Hey Jo,

What winter?? :)

It's beautiful here!

Working like a dog these days!

Hope everyone is alright :)

Cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
I asked our bank manager about wandering around town with all that cash, 'cos he brought our "black money" envelope, and he said that he once did a deal for 8,000,000euros (aye, that's million) and the black money came to 1,000,000euros which he stuffed in a bag & duly trotted over to the notaria with. He seemed to think it was quite a giggle.
A friend of mine went to collect 100000 euros from the bank for a house purchase and the bank handed the cash over to him in a clear plastic carrier bag.
Tip. Take your own bag.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This black money thing is weird - altho I'm sure everyone (Spanish and expats) does it, yet again the spanish government are not getting money that they've earmarked! Whatever people think its gonna short change them and they'll have to claw it in from somewhere??

They say tax evasion is Spains national sport, but ultimately, taxes have to be paid - dont they????

Jo xxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.