Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think all the ex pats must have left Cyprus cos this forum is like a graveyard:(

Where is everyone?

Lets have some happy news from someone (even sad news will prove you are still alive):rolleyes:

Veronica

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I think all the ex pats must have left Cyprus cos this forum is like a graveyard:(

Where is everyone?

Lets have some happy news from someone (even sad news will prove you are still alive):rolleyes:

Veronica

Spain was like that a few days ago, so quiet, its still fairly quiet today, altho it usually is at weekends!! Maybe you and me have scared em all away !!!!!!!

Jo xxx

·
Super Moderator
12,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spain was like that a few days ago, so quiet, its still fairly quiet today, altho it usually is at weekends!! Maybe you and me have scared em all away !!!!!!!

Jo xxx
That'll be it. Everyone ran from us nasty ogresses. I blame you jo.:)

·
Registered
15 Posts

Where is everyone?

Veronica
Rumour has it there is alot of anti-British happening in Cyprus? Have an uncle that is moving back to England because of it.

Heard anything?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Phew!!!!! I thought I was on my own. Nice to see you :D:D:D:D:D
Hi,

My Mum & Dad are moving out in 10 days' time to Polemi. :plane: The house isn't finished but at least the builders are making progress. They are going to rent a place nearby for the time being.

L

·
Super Moderator
12,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rumour has it there is alot of anti-British happening in Cyprus? Have an uncle that is moving back to England because of it.

Heard anything?
I havn't come across any anti British behaviour personally but to some extent I wouldn't be surprised if there is a little because so many Brits think that the locals should be grateful that we are here. They come over and moan about the way things are done here and try to change the island into a little Britian. It is people like this that I hear Cypriots complain about and they have a right to. We used to complain about the imigrants who entered Britain and then refused to integrate, wanting to change our country into something that we no longer recognise as the country we once loved.
It is this sort of thing that led to us leaving our home country so why should we expect our host country to change to suit us.?

Veronica

·
Super Moderator
12,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi,

My Mum & Dad are moving out in 10 days' time to Polemi. :plane: The house isn't finished but at least the builders are making progress. They are going to rent a place nearby for the time being.

L
I am sure they will be very happy there. Polemi is a lovely village and the surrounding is lovely and green. If we didnt work and need to be close to Paphos Polemi is a place we would like to move to.
Tell your mum and dad if they need any advice once they come over they are welcome to get in touch with me.

Veronica

·
Registered
841 Posts
I am here! I recently checked out Cyprus statistics and this is the first year in many that Cyprus may not reach 2 million tourists combined with the swine flu scare, people being scared of moving about too much and the terrible economy we are lucky we have been so busy until now. Plus, this is going into the slow season - perhaps just a bit earlier than usual.

·
Super Moderator
12,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am here! I recently checked out Cyprus statistics and this is the first year in many that Cyprus may not reach 2 million tourists combined with the swine flu scare, people being scared of moving about too much and the terrible economy we are lucky we have been so busy until now. Plus, this is going into the slow season - perhaps just a bit earlier than usual.
Hi Cleo,

Nice to see a friendly face:D:D:D:D
I was getting lonely.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,haven't looked on here for a while as we have just got here and have been settling in.must say everywhere we have been everyone has been most welcoming. we are living
in Limassol but have been over to Protarus/agai napa area and also over the other side to Paphos and surrounding areas.we went to a local festival in Kolosi last night and i think we were the only brits there but the atmos was great and everyone explained what it was for(st Issacs celebration i think) and all the food stalls explained what they were selling and giving us free samples to try,all in all a great night. soon we will go inland a bit and start exploring some smaller villages etc <snip>. so life at the moment is great here,we are still pinching ourselves when we think back to the life we have left behind in Blighty.also i am slowly learning a bit of Greek and i think the more you try the better you are received so for us its a case of life is what you make it and we also recognise cultrual differences that we want to adapt to and not expect the cypriats to change for us.
All the best,kafriz

·
Super Moderator
12,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi,haven't looked on here for a while as we have just got here and have been settling in.must say everywhere we have been everyone has been most welcoming. we are living
in Limassol but have been over to Protarus/agai napa area and also over the other side to Paphos and surrounding areas.we went to a local festival in Kolosi last night and i think we were the only brits there but the atmos was great and everyone explained what it was for(st Issacs celebration i think) and all the food stalls explained what they were selling and giving us free samples to try,all in all a great night. soon we will go inland a bit and start exploring some smaller villages etc <snip>. so life at the moment is great here,we are still pinching ourselves when we think back to the life we have left behind in Blighty.also i am slowly learning a bit of Greek and i think the more you try the better you are received so for us its a case of life is what you make it and we also recognise cultrual differences that we want to adapt to and not expect the cypriats to change for us.
All the best,kafriz
Hi Kafriz,

Its good to hear that you are settling in and enjoying getting to know the island.
Sorry I have had to snip a little bit out of your post but it encourages people to advertise an item for sale and they would then be breaking forum rules.
You could try looking on Cyprus classified ads,  cars, real estate, property, jobs, motorcycles, computers, telephones at www.bazaraki.com which is a free advertising site, you may well find what you are looking for on there.

Regards
Veronica

·
Registered
277 Posts
Life is fine up on Troodos, the local villagers are very welcoming, mind you it would be nice to see other Brits around, unfortunately they seem to stick mainly to the coastal towns. We moved in a year ago, have been 'adopted' by a local family, taken to local festivals, and even a special church service. We are also learning Greek, albeit slowly. How about more Brits taking to the mountains? The air is better, the scenery is fantastic and the locals friendly

·
Super Moderator
12,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Life is fine up on Troodos, the local villagers are very welcoming, mind you it would be nice to see other Brits around, unfortunately they seem to stick mainly to the coastal towns. We moved in a year ago, have been 'adopted' by a local family, taken to local festivals, and even a special church service. We are also learning Greek, albeit slowly. How about more Brits taking to the mountains? The air is better, the scenery is fantastic and the locals friendly
We would happily move up to the Mountains if we were retired. We love it up there and go as often as we can, but we need to be close to paphos to run our business.
Maybe one day we will join you up there:)

Veronica

·
Registered
43 Posts
ghost site lol

Where is everyone?

Veronica
Hi Veronica

I am still here lol

I am trying to finalise the move to Cyprus - working on the details etc

Hope you are well

Regards

hotshop

XXX

·
Super Moderator
12,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Veronica

I am still here lol

I am trying to finalise the move to Cyprus - working on the details etc

Hope you are well

Regards

hotshop

XXX
Hi stranger, long time no see:D:D:D:D:D
Hope everything is going to plan for you.

Veronica

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.