Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone recieved their working visa after getting the "Not straightforward" proces

Hi, I have applied for the working Ancestry Visa, non priority. It should be a pretty clear and easy one as both my grandparents are from the UK. My grandmother still lives there.

Yet today I recieved an email sayig that my application was not straightforward and will exceed expected processing times.

I've ready pretty dire responses, that this means it will be rejected. As well as others who say that it is due to a high amount of applications currently received.

I was just wondering if anyone has received a visa after getting this email?

And for a working visa, how much extra time it took them to process the application?

I'm very stressed as I need to be in the UK shortly for work and currently don't have a visa or a passport.

Thanks for any and all help.

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
This comes up at least once a day lately. At the moment there seems to be a big backlog and this is their generic response. All you can do is wait. No one can predict how much longer it's going to take for a work visa or any other visa. It doesn't matter how straightforward your application is. The biggest chunk of visa processing time is simply your application sitting in a pile waiting to be seen. Unfortunately, those piles have recently gotten bigger.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.