Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Members,

I know that the visa evidencing is not necessary but I am bit worried and want to have a confirmation.

1. I just want to know that has any one from India traveled to OZ without the visa evidencing? Did you face any problems

2. Is Visa evidencing mandatory to travel from India?

I have to rush to OZ and I dont have enough time for the visa evidencing. I want to get it done after reaching OZ.

FYI: I have lodged e-Visa 175 and got it recently.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vickey.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Dear Members,

I know that the visa evidencing is not necessary but I am bit worried and want to have a confirmation.

1. I just want to know that has any one from India traveled to OZ without the visa evidencing? Did you face any problems

2. Is Visa evidencing mandatory to travel from India?

I have to rush to OZ and I dont have enough time for the visa evidencing. I want to get it done after reaching OZ.

FYI: I have lodged e-Visa 175 and got it recently.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vickey.
ok i haven't gotten my grant yet but i assure you the following is accurate, as i know people who traveled out of india without the label:

1. You don't need a VISA LABEL on your passport at all, as long as your PASSPORT number is the SAME one that is on vevo ( https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/evo/start.do?actionType=firstPartyQuery ) Take your grant letter & VEVO e-visa print out with you.

2. Visa evidencing is NOT mandatory to travel from India, There are thousands of travelers back and forth everyday between India-Australia so Indian airlines/airports are WELL aware of the grant letter. HOWEVER, there are cases where some un-informed airlines/airport staff (common in India unfortunately) caused some inconvenience, no one can predict 100% what will happen to you. If you can stamp it, go ahead (it doesn't take too long if you go directly to Australia embassy), if you don't have time, go for it and travel away!

Reactions: vickey1

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i haven't gotten my grant yet but i assure you the following is accurate, as i know people who traveled out of india without the label:

1. You don't need a VISA LABEL on your passport at all, as long as your PASSPORT number is the SAME one that is on vevo ( https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/evo/start.do?actionType=firstPartyQuery ) Take your grant letter & VEVO e-visa print out with you.

2. Visa evidencing is NOT mandatory to travel from India, There are thousands of travelers back and forth everyday between India-Australia so Indian airlines/airports are WELL aware of the grant letter. HOWEVER, there are cases where some un-informed airlines/airport staff (common in India unfortunately) caused some inconvenience, no one can predict 100% what will happen to you. If you can stamp it, go ahead (it doesn't take too long if you go directly to Australia embassy), if you don't have time, go for it and travel away!
Thank you JBY for the reply.

Can any one who has traveled without visa evidence from India also confirm this?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thank you JBY for the reply.

Can any one who has traveled without visa evidence from India also confirm this?

Many thanks in advance.
Hey man u got ur visa on 30 april, then u asked this question on 28 may, today is 30th may, you had sooo much time to get the visa stamp so why didn't u just get it instead of asking around on this forum what is the use only it takes maximum 3 days for evidencing everyone here from india confirmed it u can do it using courrier wat is da problem u know in India airport how they behave like village like to harass people an cause problem so better just get stamp so that no more tension why u tension so much !!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear Members,

Because of very short time, I couldn't get the visa label on my passport while I was in India.

I called the airport duty officer to check with him whether the visa label is mandatory while travelling from India and he said it is not required.

Therefore, I traveled to Perth from India without the visa label and I faced no issues.

After landing in Perth, I got the visa label from the DIAC office. It took just few mins to get the visa label in Perth's DIAC office.

I am giving this update so that it will be useful for other members who face the same situation like me.

Many thanks for all the members who replied to this thread.

Regards,
Vickey.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Which Airport Did You Go Thru?

Dear Members,

Because of very short time, I couldn't get the visa label on my passport while I was in India.

I called the airport duty officer to check with him whether the visa label is mandatory while travelling from India and he said it is not required.

Therefore, I traveled to Perth from India without the visa label and I faced no issues.

After landing in Perth, I got the visa label from the DIAC office. It took just few mins to get the visa label in Perth's DIAC office.

I am giving this update so that it will be useful for other members who face the same situation like me.

Many thanks for all the members who replied to this thread.

Regards,
Vickey.
Hi Vickey,

Could you let me know which Indian City Airport you went thru? I will be going to Melbourne soon, and have the same fear (not having my visa label in my passp.) about Emigration at the Mumbai Airport.

A.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello Abusha and Vickey1,

I migrated to Melbourne on 1st July on 176 PRvfrom Mumbai. I did not have my visa label stamped on my passport. I had just carried the printout of the visa grant. I had absolutely no hassle in travelling. Don't worry about getting the visa stamped as you will have hell lot of other stuff to wrap up prior to your travel.
And just one logic...if we are getting the grant online then I am sure the ozies must have things electronically controlled or else they should have given us visa grant on over passport and not via email. Anyways good luck on your move...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.