Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

Me and some of my (particularly british) friends are thinking about going to the bonfire night thing at Happy Valley since its only an hour from Nicosia on the A1.

Was wondering where exactly I would need to go to see them and where we could park? And how busy will the motorway be on a Saturday afternoon heading there?

Also - looking at google maps I see it is in Akrotiri - do you need passports or something to get in?

Thanks!
James

·
Super Moderator
12,603 Posts
It is in Episkopi not Akrotiri. From the akrotiri side you will drive through the Garrison and as you leave the main Garrison you will see the signs and probably queues to go down to the beach. You will be directed to the dedicated parking areas.
We have been and it is a very enjoyable night.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Please check your statement, Veronica, as the checkpoint at Happy Valley is not allowing unauthorised visitors through today for the first time that I ever recall? Dont want hundreds of disappointed children turned away on the night!

·
Super Moderator
12,603 Posts
Please check your statement, Veronica, as the checkpoint at Happy Valley is not allowing unauthorised visitors through today for the first time that I ever recall? Dont want hundreds of disappointed children turned away on the night!
If that is the case it is the first time.
We have been to several Happy valley events as they are usually open to all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.