Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Happy Feast of the Slaughter - Eid Al-Adha

I don't think I have ever seen El Gouna so busy!!

My new camera arrived from Cairo on Sunday so plenty of photo opportunities to keep me happy :p

G

·
Happy Feast of the Slaughter - Eid Al-Adha

I don't think I have ever seen El Gouna so busy!!

My new camera arrived from Cairo on Sunday so plenty of photo opportunities to keep me happy :p
Awesome pictures and love the jet pack!

ohhhh somehow I dont think the poor lamb is saying Happy Eid;)
Yay on my first trip to Egypt I arrived during Eid al-Adha and was in complete culture shock from the massive bloody slaughter of animals and constant religious programming on TV everywhere. I had quite the introduction or rather a rude awakening to a taste of a predominately Islamic society on their holiday.

Sort of reminds me of this video going around facebook now.The Atmosphere of Eid al-Adha in Morocco The animals tied up everywhere and the streets ran with blood from their sacrifice, but it was normal everyday life for them because they're used to it after all.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Not so happy now :-( Ghana 6 v Egypt 1. Not sure what Egypt has to do now to qualify for the World Cup :-(

·
Registered
350 Posts
With the sound of luggage wheels rolling on the pavement I guess the mass exodus back to Cairo has begun. I hope everyone has a safe journey. The town has been manic. Never known so many people and so many cars here. For those with restaurants, bars and beach clubs I'm sure they have done a phenominal amount of business which is good after everything was so quiet before. The residents, as usual, have laid low so as not to take up any precious seats or add anymore stress to exhausted staff.

With my new camera arriving a few hours before all the visitors it has been a great opportunity to be out and about snapping away. The internet with the dongles has been unbelievably slow, even with the new temporary mast. The only chance I had of uploading photos on Facebook was before 8am in the morning when most had just gone to bed!

Anyhow, took loads of photos, including this one at 3am this morning after being woken up!

More photos here of a crazy busy town:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151950208513255.1073741842.665383254&type=1&l=627ae44e29

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got back from Ras Sudr, same story there: the place was packed for Eid...Cairo must have felt like a ghost town over the last few days

1 - 12 of 12 Posts