Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all!

I am currentley studying (and enjoying very much) towards a city and gulids Level 2 in hairdressing , doing my level 3 in sept, my question is if i get a job this summer working 20 hrs a week, along side me doing my level 3, will i be able to next summer 2011 after 12 months working 20 hrs a week be able to apply for a permanent visa??

Another question!!
Does it require all people on visa to validate or can just the main applicant??

Thanks ever so for your time

Tasha xxxx

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Tasha,

Please read through the changes that came in as of Feb 8th since I believe that hairdressers are no longer on the required list (but please check this since there was a lot of info to digest).

All people on the visa must validate since they get individual visas (even though they are on the same skilled migration visa) for their passport.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Karen
Thanks so much for yr answer, i have gone through the internet and cant find anything that says its taken off! grr...

I wonder if its off all lists? basically if yr a hairdresser do u have no hope??

Wahhhhhh!
Tx

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Skilled migration shake-up

Nothing has been set in stone yet, but it's widely reported that hairdressers and chefs will not be on the new SOL.

Dolly

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
I understand that it's frustrating but we no-one knows any more than what was announced at present.

Have you looked at other visa options such as employer or state sponsorship?

Regards,
Karen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts