Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a smart phone that is hearing aid compatible.The usual mobile shops do not have such a product. So far I have found two, Amplicom m9500, and the doro liberto 825. Before I buy I want to make sure I'm not missing one.
Thanks.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Can anyone recommend a smart phone that is hearing aid compatible.The usual mobile shops do not have such a product. So far I have found two, Amplicom m9500, and the doro liberto 825. Before I buy I want to make sure I'm not missing one.
Thanks.
If you are looking for a T-switch phone I don't know of any but you can get a BT loop to do this.

I have yet to find a phone that is not hearing aid compatible. Certainly my cheap LeEco phone works with hearing aids. Or do you mean using the Bluetooth link on the new hearing aids? Worst case scenario, even with old phones is to use speakerphone.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
I want a smart phone that will link to my aids. They are capable of receiving blue tooth transmissions. My understanding is that the reception I will get will 'stereo' and hear through both devices. At the moment I'm having to fiddle with positioning the phone or removing an aid and that is a pain. I have a compilot but it's not practical when moving around.
Again, thanks.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thanks.
I want a smart phone that will link to my aids. They are capable of receiving blue tooth transmissions. My understanding is that the reception I will get will 'stereo' and hear through both devices. At the moment I'm having to fiddle with positioning the phone or removing an aid and that is a pain. I have a compilot but it's not practical when moving around.
Again, thanks.
All you would need to do is check the Bluetooth versions and the type of reception. Most phones are BT 4 and A2DP output.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts