Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I am an Indian National and currently working and residing in USA on H1B (work Visa). Recently I have been granted a temporary residency leading to Permanent Residency in Australia as my spouse is an Australian Citizen.

My H1B is valid until Sept 2017 and haven’t got my H1B stamped on my Indian passport yet. I need to visit Australia to validate my Permanent Residency before the Oct 2015.

Is it possible for me to get my H1B stamped in Australia while I come for validating my Australian Permanent Residency. What is the process?

I would really appreciate any inputs or thoughts on this as this is eating me alive every day.

Thanks

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi,

I think you can. As you already have granted PR, you can legally enter AUS then stay there for some time which gets your PR validated and meanwhile have your visa stamped.

I myself had stamped my H1B visa after it was extended in Germany. I was to go there 2 weeks for training purposes and stayed for further 15 days as vacation. I got mine and wife's visa stamped in Germany. As my arrangements were done by my employer, so cant really explain the process here.

·
Registered
200 Posts
friend,

How did it go? You got your visa?
How was the experience? can you post it here?

Cheers.....

Hi there,

I am an Indian National and currently working and residing in USA on H1B (work Visa). Recently I have been granted a temporary residency leading to Permanent Residency in Australia as my spouse is an Australian Citizen.

My H1B is valid until Sept 2017 and haven’t got my H1B stamped on my Indian passport yet. I need to visit Australia to validate my Permanent Residency before the Oct 2015.

Is it possible for me to get my H1B stamped in Australia while I come for validating my Australian Permanent Residency. What is the process?

I would really appreciate any inputs or thoughts on this as this is eating me alive every day.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts