Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am currently working with HXX company. I got an employment offer from AXX an US based company and was processed H1B visa and successfully obtained the visa too. When I planned to resign the HXX Company, I was offered better package and position and my H1B visa was transferred to HXX. Now my current company is delaying my USA travel and telling stories about project non-availability.

Can I travel to US and work for AXX? I have stamping with their name (AXX) on the visa? AXX doesnt know that I have done an H1 Transfer and may not have cancelled my association with the company?

Please advise.

Thanks
M

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi

I am currently working with HXX company. I got an employment offer from AXX an US based company and was processed H1B visa and successfully obtained the visa too. When I planned to resign the HXX Company, I was offered better package and position and my H1B visa was transferred to HXX. Now my current company is delaying my USA travel and telling stories about project non-availability.

Can I travel to US and work for AXX? I have stamping with their name (AXX) on the visa? AXX doesnt know that I have done an H1 Transfer and may not have cancelled my association with the company?

Please advise.

Thanks
M
you need let know XXX company that you still want sponsor me. i ready to work. tell truth that last company put a rod in your *******s so you want work with new XXX now.
thank you.

·
Administrator
49,871 Posts
A couple of highly relevant questions: did you turn down the job offer from AXX? How long ago did you get the H1B visa from AXX - because these visas have a shelf life. If you haven't entered the country within a certain period of time after the visa is issued, it's pretty much void.

There is also the probability that if you transferred the visa to HXX, the Immigration service may have notified AXX "for you" that the visa they got for you has been transferred.

I'd contact AXX and ask them if the job is still available before making any moves.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts