Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Can anyone who has lived in Barcelona recommend a gym w/ weightlifting and exercise equipment? Also will I need a Spanish bank account to open a membership or can I use a cc? Looking to spend btwo €40-€50/month.

Any gyms to stay away from? Also, I've heard many gyms require a NIE to sign up. How true is this?

Thanks in advance for any tips,

·
Registered
320 Posts
DiR has many different locations with different prices at each location. I paid cash at the one on Passatge de Domingo. Holmes Place was ridiculously expensive, only for people who like being handed a towel by someone wearing a suit. I found some other places by googling, but I don't remember all their names. Alta Fit was one.

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
Can't help with gym recommendations, but if you want to pay monthly I think direct debit would certainly be the usual arrangement. I pay my gym membership annually, in advance, in cash and get a 20% discount for that, so if you have the funds available a similar arrangement could save you money over the year. I did have to supply my NIE number, though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DiR has many different locations with different prices at each location. I paid cash at the one on Passatge de Domingo. Holmes Place was ridiculously expensive, only for people who like being handed a towel by someone wearing a suit. I found some other places by googling, but I don't remember all their names. Alta Fit was one.
How much does DiR typically run?

Holmes Place, let me ask you, do you think it would be worth the price for networking? I only ask because I'm a photographer from LA, and I found going to the "bougie" gyms a great way to meet people to shoot and make connections with the well-connected. Believe me it's not my scene but it certainly did help open some doors in LA.

I'll check out Alta Fit as well.

Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts