Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Alexandria.

In a nice neighborhood, right on the sea.

This is why I don't go outside after dark; after dark is when the guns come out.

I'm sure there is no street in Detroit or Chicago or New York that could boast those kind of statistics.

·
Registered
754 Posts
It is rather disturbing that it is not even reported.. unless of course it is a big wig or a foreigner.
Sure it is, just not in Egyptian news in English for the consumption of tourists.

This week, there were two "honor killings" in Alexandria, too. Those deaths never made the English language press, either.

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
I have just heard gunfire outside by building.
I am of course very close to a police station, military college, and government station... Just heard more as I type this. And again.. Too scared to look out

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum
Could it be a wedding.....it's the sort of silly antics that they get up to.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update.

It was not the police shooting at escaped prisoners it was a drive past shooting.
At 8.30pm 6 motorbikes passed the police station and open fire on it.. I didn't hear this,
Just after midnight they returned and done the same . this is the one I heard.

This account might be more reliable as yesterday the place was swarming with big wigs in plain clothes.. very nice clothes not the usual black leather thugs jacket

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.