Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Greetings to everyone! I recently got married. My wife is a Dentist by profession (B.D.S) and I wish to enquire regarding few things regarding migration process. Grateful if I can get some guidance regarding the same -
1) Though I searched alot on the internet, but wanted some real/practical inputs from people already staying in Australia or having some knowledge regarding the prospects of Dentistry profession in Australia. My wife has done Bachelor of Dental Surgery.

2) I checked Australian Dental Council's (ADC) website and what I can interpret is that there will be an initial assessment of her qualification documents/transcripts, followed by written and practical examination. Can someone please give some information regarding the level of written/practical exam? As in, is it easy to clear the same or not, since the same involve alot of expense.

3) If she clears the written and practical exam of ADC and gets the licence/registration to practice Dentistry in Australia, are there any other formalities to be completed even after the same.

4) Which would be a suitable subclass to apply for - 189 (Skilled Independent) OR 190 (Skilled Nominated)?

5) How much would be the processing time for both subclasses?

Guess, I've asked too many queries. But just netsurfing regarding this and I came to know of Expatforum. So I thought to get feedback from here.

Thanks!
Regards,
Vineet

1 - 1 of 1 Posts