Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am going to get an skill assessment done through engineering australia for professional engineer. I want to know what are the dos and donts I have to keep in mind while making job description, career episodes and summary statement so that they don't decrease my experience. Altogether I have 10+ years of experience in Telecom field and also getting qualified on points system. I have IELTS score of 6.5 in academic, will this work for assessment application or should I attempt and get atleast 7 in general.

Please assist with best guidance as most of you might have a better knowledge base after getting processing done.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey buddy,

Your case is same as mine, I have got education and employment assessment done from EA for 263312- Telecom Network Engineer,so I'll give you some points that I followed. Telecom is a small world, I may even know you.

1. Do not avail any CDR services from outside. Those people are non-technical and there is a high chance that you will get caught for plagiarism if you use them. I hired one for grammatical changes and format checking and they ruined the passages. They made changes which were not required. They actually used spell-check and changed the technical terms, can you believe it. Waste of money. No matter how much time you take to write your own CDRs, you know you stuff and you can write the best.

2. While writing the CDRs, making resume and getting work exp letter, make sure you write all the points that EA thinks a Telecom or a Telecom NW Engineer knows. You can get them from anazco search.

3. For Professional Engg Summary download the format that EA has on their website. Make sure you write relevant things in you CDP too. All this information, you can get from MSA Booklet. Go through that enough times to understand what they want and how they want them.

4. Get proper work exp certificates to claim employment points. They will help. I have got them from 2 previous companies and they are important. Do not forget to also provide your 26AS forms as an employment proof as EA also wants employment verification from a third-party.

5. 6.5 in IELTS in each section is good enough to apply.

For any query feel free to PM me anytime.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Maka123

Spot on. I am doing the same as most of the agents helping around can't write much about telecom job description as we ourselves can.

One problem is that I have been working in the same company for all these years and getting a work experience letter will create mess with employer and seniors. Can I only submit third party- 26AS form or Form 60 to claim work experience.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks Maka123

Spot on. I am doing the same as most of the agents helping around can't write much about telecom job description as we ourselves can.

One problem is that I have been working in the same company for all these years and getting a work experience letter will create mess with employer and seniors. Can I only submit third party- 26AS form or Form 60 to claim work experience.
No. You need at least a normal work experience certificate from your current company. You can attach 26AS with it not instead of it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks Maka123

You would also need an affidavit in case the company doesn't give you duties on the official letter. Also be sure to take the Fast Track option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You would also need an affidavit in case the company doesn't give you duties on the official letter. Also be sure to take the Fast Track option.

Thanks alot Maka123. Yes, I am planning to put go for fast track option for assessment.

I can't tell you my company name. SHHHH. :D

If I get a service letter then will that work, I believe that will have information that I am working with this company from so and so date with mentioned designation.

Could it be possible for you to share a format for the affidavit (not any which was submitted but a format to follow and get it done on stamp paper with public notary). And also will can you let me know how much value that stamp paper should be (10, 20, 50, 100).

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks alot Maka123. Yes, I am planning to put go for fast track option for assessment.

I can't tell you my company name. SHHHH. :D

If I get a service letter then will that work, I believe that will have information that I am working with this company from so and so date with mentioned designation.

Could it be possible for you to share a format for the affidavit (not any which was submitted but a format to follow and get it done on stamp paper with public notary). And also will can you let me know how much value that stamp paper should be (10, 20, 50, 100).
Sure. PM me your email id. Fell free to get in touch through phone or email anytime.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello, Can anyone one of you please help "regarding experience earned in a company which has closed its business", and I need to claim it.

I need your help to know about Skill assessment of professional experience obtained in a company which has closed its business. Below is the situation for my work experience, please understand it and help me.
Work duration: 11 August 2010 to 29 Nov 2011 {Around 1 year and 3 months}
Document limitation: Company has closed its business and currently, I cannot obtain a reference letter for my work which I have done there. I only have an old relieving letter from HR, salary slips, bank statements and Form 16 of Income-tax computation.
I have gone through the primary and secondary documents mentioned in the MSA booklet, and there it is mentioned that ITR receipts, PF Statement or Social Security number are mandatory to claim experience, which I don't have and unable to find out the process which can help me to claim the experience earned in the old company.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hello, Can anyone one of you please help "regarding experience earned in a company which has closed its business", and I need to claim it.

I need your help to know about Skill assessment of professional experience obtained in a company which has closed its business. Below is the situation for my work experience, please understand it and help me.
Work duration: 11 August 2010 to 29 Nov 2011 {Around 1 year and 3 months}
Document limitation: Company has closed its business and currently, I cannot obtain a reference letter for my work which I have done there. I only have an old relieving letter from HR, salary slips, bank statements and Form 16 of Income-tax computation.
I have gone through the primary and secondary documents mentioned in the MSA booklet, and there it is mentioned that ITR receipts, PF Statement or Social Security number are mandatory to claim experience, which I don't have and unable to find out the process which can help me to claim the experience earned in the old company.
For Tax, EA requests 26AS forms for the working period, download it from TRACES site. Regarding reference letter in such situations, you can get hold of someone who worked with you during that time and get a Statutory Declaration signed with him. SD with appointment letter/relieving letter/pay slips/bank statements will form a solid base for your case as far as EA is concerned.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts