Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Friends,

While filling 189 visa application form, should i give details of all of my employment history during last 10 years or should i mention only that experience for which i am claiming points. I have a total work experience of 8 years and i am claiming points for only 4 years.

Please guide.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dear Friends,

While filling 189 visa application form, should i give details of all of my employment history during last 10 years or should i mention only that experience for which i am claiming points. I have a total work experience of 8 years and i am claiming points for only 4 years.

Please guide.
Hi Nabtex,

From your statement "Filling 189 visa application form" I am considering you are talking about submission of EOI on skillselect site.

You can mention all your 8 yrs of experience on skillselect EOI submission but you have to select the checkbox for relevant as "NO".

If you entire experience is only with one employer than you can break your exp in 2 part of 4 yrs each and for the first 4 yrs experience you can select relevant as "NO". Therefore, system will automatically nullify your non relevant experience and only consider your relevant experience of 4 yrs for Point Calculation.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Nabtex,

From your statement "Filling 189 visa application form" I am considering you are talking about submission of EOI on skillselect site.

You can mention all your 8 yrs of experience on skillselect EOI submission but you have to select the checkbox for relevant as "NO".

If you entire experience is only with one employer than you can break your exp in 2 part of 4 yrs each and for the first 4 yrs experience you can select relevant as "NO". Therefore, system will automatically nullify your non relevant experience and only consider your relevant experience of 4 yrs for Point Calculation.

Dear Akhandel,

Thanks for reply,

I actually received invitation to apply for 189 visa in April 26, 2017 round and now i am filling visa application in immi account.
I have actually submitted visa application and have paid fees on May 13, 2017.

In my visa application i have mentioned only 4 years experience for which i am claiming points.
Now i am little worried weather should i have mentioned experience for all 8 years.
In EOI i had mentioned 8 years experience while in visa application i have mentioned relvent 4 years experience.

please advise me, what should i do?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Dear Friends,

Please guide.
Please do a search before asking this type of question. This gets answered on pretty much a daily basis.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Nabtex,

Could you please confirm how much relevant experience is assessed by assessing authority in your case like ACS, Vetasses, EA etc.

Visa Lodging or submission is against the claim points that you have provided during EOI.
So, If you have shown 8 yrs exp all as relevant during EOI than you may be in big trouble as assessing authority have awarded only 4 yrs exp.

I believe you have done this to claim more points in EOI and now you are worried that you don't have a supporting document ( assessment letter ) to claim those points.

As you said that submission is done and fees is also been paid than i believe there is no choice left but to wait only.

As mentioned in multiple Forums DIBP is completely unpredictable about there decisions. So, as per my knowledge there are different possibilities.

1. DIBP will reject your visa. ( Chances are very less )
2. CO will check all required documents and ask you consent to process your visa with less number of points w.r.t. your exp. Once you provide your consent they will keep your application in queue and will only process when you must actually be invited on pro-rata basis.
3. CO will overlook and process your application. Chances are very less in this case also because verifying documents in line of EOI CLAIM POINT is MUST.

Also, there is a high possibility they will ask for supporting documents for another 4 yrs which are mentioned in EOI but not in application. During that time you can provide your 4 yrs exp documents to them and leave the decision on them whether to consider it or overlook the assessment authority letter.

Dear Akhandel,

Thanks for reply,

I actually received invitation to apply for 189 visa in April 26, 2017 round and now i am filling visa application in immi account.
I have actually submitted visa application and have paid fees on May 13, 2017.

In my visa application i have mentioned only 4 years experience for which i am claiming points.
Now i am little worried weather should i have mentioned experience for all 8 years.
In EOI i had mentioned 8 years experience while in visa application i have mentioned relvent 4 years experience.

please advise me, what should i do?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dear Akhandel,

I am applying as Engineering Manager and assessing authority (aim) has assessed 4 years as relevant experience. In EOI i have claimed points for only 4 years (5 points) while i have mentioned remaining 4 years as irrelevant.

In immi account i have only mentioned these 4 years experience for which i am claiming points.
I have not mentioned remaining irrelevant experience of 4 years.

Is this ok or should have i mentioned remaining 4 irrelevant years experience also?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dear Akhandel,

I am applying as Engineering Manager and assessing authority (aim) has assessed 4 years as relevant experience. In EOI i have claimed points for only 4 years (5 points) while i have mentioned remaining 4 years as irrelevant.

In immi account i have only mentioned these 4 years experience for which i am claiming points.

Is this ok or should have i mentioned remaining 4 irrelevant years experience also?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Naptex,

Now you have provided the complete information.

As I can see everything is already in place than I don't understand what is the point of worry in it.

Important is to provide documents as per EOI points claims and that is what you did. There is no issue I can see in your case.

[ Exceptional : You have provided your experience letter in line with Assessment letter. For example, if your assessment letter have a start date as May 2013 as consideration than you have provided ONLY that related exp documents and not the previous 4 yrs exp. }

Now you have patience check exam now for your CO assigning OR Direct grant :)

Dear Akhandel,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts