Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thanks for your attention and time,

I am applying for GSM. I am married and have a wife and a son. On success I want to alone move to Australia and after some months bring my family there. A reason for doing so is that I do not have much fee to pay at the time.

Kindly guide me how and what I should mention in my GSM application form so that I may be able to bring my family in Australia without any problem and also I may have not pay for them now.

Thanks in anticipation for helping me.
haanis

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi Haanis

I dont understand, you dont have to pay extra for additional applicants. the same application can have spouse and kids, if you plan to get them later, you will have to apply for another visa which is what takes more money

add them to your application, when u get the visa u can go first and then they can follow after a few months. but remember u have an initial entry period which is a limited time that they give you to validate your visa. (it is normally one year form the date of your medicals/police clearance). once u get your visa, u can leave immediately, once u are settled, you call them (they have to enter before the initial entry date to validate their visa)

as for parents, they have to dependents to be added in the application.

have you gone through the sticky threads at the top of the forum? they have a lot of info. go through the immigration site (link is please read helpful sites thread)

hope this helps

cheers
anj

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks anj for replaying my request.

Please check this link for reference [immi.gov.au/allforms/990i/professionals-outside-australia.htm]Professionals and other Skilled Migrants Visa Charges - Outside Australia

They have stated:

Skilled - Independent (Migrant) visa (subclass 175)
Charge Type Charge Amount

1st instalment
$2525

2nd instalment
$3510

The 2nd instalment of the Visa Application Charge for dependents aged 18 years or over with less than functional English must be paid before the visa is granted.

Please guide in light of this statement.

thanks in anticipation

haansi

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
the second installment is for those who have less than functional english. is your wife not comfortable giving the IELTS? do you want to apply for yourself now and later go through the ordeal of applying again for your spouse and children?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the second installment is for those who have less than functional english. is your wife not comfortable giving the IELTS? do you want to apply for yourself now and later go through the ordeal of applying again for your spouse and children?
I thought it would be a solution, if I am not wrong.

She can gave IELTS I thing she will to get 4.5 over all ? If I apply now will I need to attach her IELTS result now or it can be provided later ?

thanks Anj for your attention and time.

haansi

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
can u not give ielts for both of you at the same time? how coomfortable is she taking the ielts? or can you gather proof form the university and school stating that her education was in English medium, if you manage that, she doesnt even have to sit for the ielts. all you need is letter from the school and college. Yes if you do not provide ielts or proofs that she has studied for more thn 5 years in english medium, they do ask for 2nd installment.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can u not give ielts for both of you at the same time? how coomfortable is she taking the ielts? or can you gather proof form the university and school stating that her education was in English medium, if you manage that, she doesnt even have to sit for the ielts. all you need is letter from the school and college. Yes if you do not provide ielts or proofs that she has studied for more thn 5 years in english medium, they do ask for 2nd installment.
Actually I have gave IELTS and got 6.5 bands while 6 was minimum in each category.

What IETLS score is required for her ? Kindly also mention that on what stage I will need to provide her IELTS result ?

Thanks for your suggestion of school letter. I will try to get one as well.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
the ielts has to be submitted with all documents (while filing the application). and i think she needs atleast 4.5 in each. the info is on immi website.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts