Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for your attention, time and supporting me.

I am applying for GSM sublcass 175, I have applied for passports of my wife and child which are not issued by passport department. If they are not issued in time I am afraid I will have to apply for my family later and will have to pay fee again.

Please guide is there any way I include my family in this application and provide there passport numbers later and I have not to pay fee later for them ?
I have shortage of time because my skill assessment later is expiring in 12 days.

Please help me,

Thanks,
haansi

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Haansi, speak to Assessing authority, tell them you need a bit of leverage, an extension maybe and i think for a minimal amount they do it for you. because once you apply for the visa, you have to have all applicants in the same, the passport numbers have to be mentioned in the form. speak to an agent if you can later add them by sending a change of circumstance form. or talk to someone at DIAC and see what they say.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Haansi, speak to Assessing authority, tell them you need a bit of leverage, an extension maybe and i think for a minimal amount they do it for you. because once you apply for the visa, you have to have all applicants in the same, the passport numbers have to be mentioned in the form. speak to an agent if you can later add them by sending a change of circumstance form. or talk to someone at DIAC and see what they say.
Speaking to a MARA agent would be the ideal way out to sort this issue. In the passport field you could mention "Applied For". I dont think there would be a problem as later on you can fill in a change in circumstances form once the passport comes.

Regards,
Roy

·
Registered
233 Posts

I am applying for GSM sublcass 175, I have applied for passports of my wife and child which are not issued by passport department. If they are not issued in time I am afraid I will have to apply for my family later and will have to pay fee again.

Please guide is there any way I include my family in this application and provide there passport numbers later and I have not to pay fee later for them ?
I have shortage of time because my skill assessment later is expiring in 12 days.

Please help me,

Thanks,
haansi
hi,

u can very well apply for you alone, after receiving the passport of your wife and child u can include anytime before the decision made, so no worries..........don't wait and waste time apply now and add them later without any additional cost.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts

Please help me,

Thanks,
haansi
Why child passport? I think passport for person having 18 years or above of age is required, right? Correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
179 Posts
hmmmmm, sounds logical but let me start a new thread to get the views from other people.
Hi Shafaqat309,

Hello,

Need assistance please.
When I applied for VIC sponsorship, I had not mentioned about my child's details in the Sponsoship application (One reason was we did not have passoport of our child and I just thought not to include him at that point of time, also he stays with my parents mostly so at that time we thought to get his visa later). Now I have got VIC sponsorship recently.
I am going to apply for 176 soon and we changed our mind and want to include our child in 176 visa application. There are 3 things we want to know:

1) Initially , in sponsorship application to VIC, we had not included our child's details? But as now we have changed the mind, do I need to inform VIC about it? Will it have any impact on sponsorship as we had declared certain funds for 2 family members and accordingly application must have been decided ....?

2) We are still waiting for our son's passport. I am also afraid if it takes more time to get our son's passport and at the same time DIAC decides to temporarily close the 176 processings (Like they did last years in MAy and June before applying new rules in July)? What would you people suggest, should I just apply visa for myself and my wife? Please share thoughts.

2)If we drop the idea of including child in our visa application. If I only put my wife as of now and if we are granted visa by God's grace, then later how much time and money it would take to get Permanent Residence visa for our child? Please share exp.

Thanks,
-Baljinsi

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
yes you have to inform vic about it. you already have the acknowledgment receipt for the passport right? just send that to the CO

why do you want to add the child at a later stage, that will take more money and time. add him right now, if you do not want to take him, dont, leave him here, you will get time for his initial entry, i have never heard of anyone not adding their child with their application.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
another thing baljinsi, i suggest you either start a new thread for any of your query or maybe jsut write in one thread instead of writing the same post in multiple threads :).

·
Registered
179 Posts
yes you have to inform vic about it. you already have the acknowledgment receipt for the passport right? just send that to the CO

why do you want to add the child at a later stage, that will take more money and time. add him right now, if you do not want to take him, dont, leave him here, you will get time for his initial entry, i have never heard of anyone not adding their child with their application.
Hi Anj1976,
Thanks for your reply.Sorry for pasting the same Question twice. I waned the response to be quicker. Would not do this later.

I actually made a mistake by not including him while applying for state sponsorship. I will inform VIC soon about it.I hope they will accept it particularly when it is not a new-born baby scenario.

Actually I have not yet applied for 176. I am in the process of filling all details online. Now as I do not have Passport of our child. What should be filled in the online form in dependent details? They need us to fill passport number of dependent/ issueing authority etc. Please suggest with your experience and learnings.

Thanks,
-Baljinsi

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
i understand about the duplicate post.

i suggest you inform victoria so that they add another applicant to your application. as filing 176 i think you can add him once you get his passport. did you apply for normal procedure or tatkal for the passport? How long do you think it will take?

·
Registered
179 Posts
i understand about the duplicate post.

i suggest you inform victoria so that they add another applicant to your application. as filing 176 i think you can add him once you get his passport. did you apply for normal procedure or tatkal for the passport? How long do you think it will take?
I am trying to get it Tatkal. I have to meet Passport officer on Monday for the same. People say in case of child sometimes they accept urgent fee and sometimes they do not. They do not really need any additional documents in case of child for Tatkal (Like VC etc.) so it depends.

I want to apply 176 ASAP as I am afraid because last year on 7th May DIAC released the order that from 8th May they would suspen any 176,175 or many visas because of huge number of pending applications. Who knows if anything such happenes very soon. I am thinking to wait until 25th April. If I couldn't receive the passport, we would write as "APPLIED" and send passport receipt fee.Later once CO is assigned he will ask for passport copy and we will get it hopefully by then. As it is not a new baby born scenario, so we are not sure about the reaction of CO. Utmost he will give Visa to me and my wife and will refuse for our child. Then we will sponsor him. What do you think on this? Please share.
Thanks,
-Baljinsi

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
now, i got my daughter's passport made in tatkal service, we got it in a week. see if you can get it done through an agent, we got it made thru an agent and it was fast. we paid his fee plus the passport fee but it was worth it. All they require is your passport copies along with one address proof, his/her birth certificate. if you go the normal route they do police verification first adn then give you the passport, the entire procedure takes close to 2 months.

Just go to passport office, fill teh form, carry all documents, pay teh fee adn that would be it. I dont know how meeting passport relationship officer would help but yeah you can give it a shot. Had you been in Delhi I would have given you teh contact of the agent we used. They do legit work, ask for all documents along with a letter of authority. The only benefit is they know their way in and they do your work, i am sure you know how it is standing in ques outside the passport authority in India is.

·
Registered
179 Posts
now, i got my daughter's passport made in tatkal service, we got it in a week. see if you can get it done through an agent, we got it made thru an agent and it was fast. we paid his fee plus the passport fee but it was worth it. All they require is your passport copies along with one address proof, his/her birth certificate. if you go the normal route they do police verification first adn then give you the passport, the entire procedure takes close to 2 months.

Just go to passport office, fill teh form, carry all documents, pay teh fee adn that would be it. I dont know how meeting passport relationship officer would help but yeah you can give it a shot. Had you been in Delhi I would have given you teh contact of the agent we used. They do legit work, ask for all documents along with a letter of authority. The only benefit is they know their way in and they do your work, i am sure you know how it is standing in ques outside the passport authority in India is.
Anj1976, Thanks for the detailed reply.
I am at Gurgaon (NCR). It will be great if you could please give me details of the passport agent.
Actually i know in Jaipur whenever one has to take Urgent passport, he needs to convince a passport office meeting personally. That's an official approach. if he likes, he gives you a date, otherwise no---

I have another idea: Initially I will apply for me and my wife. Later once we receive passport of our son, I will fill the form called "Circumstances changes or so" and I would fill the details like "When I applied we were not having passport of our son soI did not include him as an applicant, now I got his passoprt and want to include him"...How is this idea? Please share your thoughts on this as well...

Thanks,
-Baljinsi

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hi

i messaged his number to you, speak to him but remember he only does legitimate work, no offense :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts