Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, I was reached by the GSM Brisbane CO second time for the FBI clearance and English ability for my wife, which i both provided within a week. It has been 2 months since then and the case still shows "Assessment in Progress". Is this normal? I noticed they have a phone number for you if you are in Australia for any question on progress and suggesting to call the consulate if you are outside Australia. I am in the USA by the way and a bit worried about what's going on. Please advise what I should do? My visa is Subclass 189.

·
Registered
23,906 Posts
Folks, I was reached by the GSM Brisbane CO second time for the FBI clearance and English ability for my wife, which i both provided within a week. It has been 2 months since then and the case still shows "Assessment in Progress". Is this normal? I noticed they have a phone number for you if you are in Australia for any question on progress and suggesting to call the consulate if you are outside Australia. I am in the USA by the way and a bit worried about what's going on. Please advise what I should do? My visa is Subclass 189.
When did you lodge the application ?

Cheers

·
Registered
23,906 Posts
The waiting time for a 190 grant is nearly a year now, and you are getting worried after just 4 months

You have to wait patiently for the grant or next CO contact

I think its futile to contact DIBP so soon and would not advise it

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts