Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,

Today I had a call with my friend in Australia, he said GSM office said to him they stopped the offshore GSM process until 2012 :eek:. I’m confuse with this. Is it true ? according to my knowledge they give a priority for Who are in MODL isn’t it?:confused: Please update your comments

Best regards,
pgb

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
yes they are still giving out visas but only to CSL applicants. they have not stopped giving out visas but have set priority to application on CSL, Non CSL, state sponsored, MODL, employee sponsored etc etc.. they for now have given 2012 for non CSL applications but it is expected to mvoe sooner thn anticipated.

have a look at the immi site and you will get the exact info.

cheers
anj

·
Registered
315 Posts
Some kind of friend you have. Stopping all offshore GSM leaves them with only onshore GSM. What good does that do. Why spread such vicious rumors?

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi all

few days ago somebody told me that they restart processing after 15 jan for all catagory
but i dont know how true it is...

·
Registered
50 Posts
yep..as riversandlakes says what a friend...
it's always better to refer to DIAC site & sites like this if you want to get real facts & real experience of Aus visa processing .....
even cat 5 for non CSL has been commenced already therefore even though they have commented saying 2010 end...hopefully it will process sooner than that -

but CSL list nominations are lucky as they are given the priority...:)
Chill Yaaar..:)

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
But remember, cat 5 application processing has commenced but only for those cases where th applicant had submitted/posted the meds and PCC. the ones who had not (like me) have made no progress int eh application processing whatsoever. and I am a Sept 08 applicant.

·
Registered
541 Posts
hi all

few days ago somebody told me that they restart processing after 15 jan for all catagory
but i dont know how true it is...
Your friend might have generally told.
As due to long holidays for Christmas and New year
.......................................................................................................................
TRA Positive September 2007
Applied Visa 175 April 2008 (Paper visa MODL, CSL ,)
Got CO and Medicals July 2009
MEDICALS and PCC finalized July 30th 2009
Job Verification November 10th 2009
175 VISA GRANDED 22nd December 2009

1 - 8 of 8 Posts