Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is going on with the traffic in the Greens at the moment?? it got better for a little while but has gone back to taking nearly an hour just to get out of there. its ridiculous and is seriously making me consider moving. Does anyone know when the flyover will be open to ease it slightly?? looks like people have given up moving the barriers and going over it anyway, guess the police decided to hinder the traffic chaos even more by stopping people doing that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I agree, the traffic between the Greens and SZR is horrible! I heard a rumour from someone who knows someone rather well placed in a construction company that the reason the overpass between the Greens and Knowledge village remains closed despite being finished is that the city has not paid for it. The construction company would have prevented its use until receiving payment.
Does anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree, the traffic between the Greens and SZR is horrible! I heard a rumour from someone who knows someone rather well placed in a construction company that the reason the overpass between the Greens and Knowledge village remains closed despite being finished is that the city has not paid for it. The construction company would have prevented its use until receiving payment.
Does anyone know if this is true?
I heard the same thing and apparently a couple of weeks ago the outstanding fees were paid....doesn't look like it to me! It's unbelievable that they wont do anything at all to try and ease the traffic until the wonderful day in about 52 years time when they do decide to open the damn flyover!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
well, back home people could start a petition or something similar. Here, I think the only solution is to grit your teeth and just wait it out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's not just the Greens. I drove over the Defence Roundabout today and there wasn't a single worker in sight on the much delayed junction redevelopment - it was totally deserted. It looks as if the contractor has pulled all the workers off the site.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I heard the same thing and apparently a couple of weeks ago the outstanding fees were paid....doesn't look like it to me! It's unbelievable that they wont do anything at all to try and ease the traffic until the wonderful day in about 52 years time when they do decide to open the damn flyover!!
I've heard from someone who is absolutely certain that the construction company was paid in full over 3 months ago, so it's nothing to do with that.
They believe it's down to RTA wanting Emaar and Tecom to pay even more towards all the other roadworks going on in the area, and won't open the bridge until they do!!
Who knows - there are always so many wild rumours in Dubai!
Whatever the truth, The Greens is a total nightmare right now. Traffic so backed up this morning (I've heard) that people couldn't even get out of their building's carparks.
I'm just glad I do most of my work from home and walk over the bridge to KV when I need to visit my office (Although I've also heard the police are fining walkers on the bridge!!!)

StageAbility

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Was stuck in that traffic a couple of days ago trying to get from the SZR to the petrol station just past the greens. I think it will get a lot worse at the weekend as the Dubai Classic Golf is on at the Emirates course and the police in their infinite wisdom sometimes decide to route all traffic leaving that event by the main entrance to the north.
As regards payments I think the same is true at The Autodrome, there is a nice big entrance road that remains closed as nobody can agree who should pay for it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm just glad I do most of my work from home and walk over the bridge to KV when I need to visit my office (Although I've also heard the police are fining walkers on the bridge!!!)

StageAbility
They're fining people who walk over the bridge?! Please tell me you mean they're fining drivers who move the barricades and drive over it. I've been walkign over it too - it's faster to walk to KV than to drive there these days.

·
Registered
94 Posts
They're fining people who walk over the bridge?! Please tell me you mean they're fining drivers who move the barricades and drive over it. I've been walkign over it too - it's faster to walk to KV than to drive there these days.
Well, what I was told was they were fining walkers!! But you know what it's like .... rumours about everything and 90% not true!
I walked across today at about 12, and the road going from The Greens to KV seemed to be open!! At least, there was a steady stream of cars. About 20 must have gone across in the time it took me to walk. Definitely still barricaded the other way though. Weird!!

StageAbility

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.