Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I m a greek citizen (therefore qualify as EEA national for immigration purposes) and I am planning to move to the uk for work. My wife is albanian and therefore requires a visa to follow me to the UK, namely she can apply for the "EEA national family permit". The required documents that are listed including the online application are a bit buffling though so these are my questions.

1.) in the application form there are fields coresponding to accomondation details. Since she is going to apply for the permit before we actually go to the UK and make living arrangements what should we put in these fields. I have a friend who is living in London and have a letter from him stating we are welcome to stay there until we make arrangements, so a temporary stay. Is that enough?

2.) according to the official website the required documents are
a)passport copy verified by all nessecary agencies
b)Letter from me (the EEA national) that states that my wife is coming to find me.
(I will travel a week or so ahead of my wife)
c) marriage certificate verified and notarized
Is there anything else that is required? I can provide bank statements for the funds we will have at our disposal while looking for work and accomondations. Is there anything else?

thank you in advance

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Ignore accommodation questions, and you don't have to give financial details.
What you list is all you need. The only question mark may be over genuine relationship, as they can turn you down for marriage of convenience. So while it isn't required, some supporting evidence beside your marriage certificate may help. Certificate must be professionally translated into English.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the documents I have are translated and notarized by the ministry of foreign affairs. So what sort of supporting documents can I provide? I ve been married for 2 years now but unfortunattelly we stay at my parents house so I dont have paperwork that we stay at our own house (bills on my name etc..) what else could we provide to prove our relationship???

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Photos, travel and accommodation receipts, Skype log, that sort of things. Plus a brief description of relationship history in covering letter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot you have been most informative :) I have no skype logs and sadly no receipts that have both names on it, maybe an airplane reservation or two ... :S But I have a ton of pictures.. maybe I should select a few that cover all the jears that we ve been together... you think 10 pics would do or should I print more??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.