Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a 32y.o. girl, just moved to paris since my boyfriend lives here for the last almost 20 years, he is English, and i dont speak french but only english. Looking for any Greeks as well to exchange information about life in paris and look for a job maybe. not sure if i can find something since i dont speak the language. i used to work as a hotel manager in Santorini and i would be interested in similar position.

should i make this step??? help!!!

·
Administrator
50,461 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I'm not aware of a large Greek community in or around Paris, but that doesn't mean you can't find one. Not speaking French, however, will severely limit your job opportunities, even in the hotel field. For the time being, you may want to concentrate your efforts on learning the language. It's not necessary to sign up for the pricey language classes (though those are generally pretty good if you have the money to splash out). There are associations that offer French classes for newly arrived foreigners. Ask at the local mairie or at various associations for newcomers or foreigners, like WICE WICE in Paris, France offers continuing education courses and classes in English - you might also try contacting the Greek Consulate in Paris to see if they can suggest Greek groups in the area.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.