Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone new to this website....

My story is that my family is from Greece. My great grandparents immigrated here in 1928 but now I want to go back to Greece. I recently finished my BS in Civil Engineering. Will my great grandparents being Greek (recently deceased 05) help me at all with citizenship? I think I have some distant family but don't know them well. Any advice would be appreciated.

D. Antoniadis

·
Registered
1 Posts
When were you born? Was it before 1983? How old are you? Do you know about military service?

Hey everyone new to this website....

My story is that my family is from Greece. My great grandparents immigrated here in 1928 but now I want to go back to Greece. I recently finished my BS in Civil Engineering. Will my great grandparents being Greek (recently deceased 05) help me at all with citizenship? I think I have some distant family but don't know them well. Any advice would be appreciated.

D. Antoniadis

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When were you born? Was it before 1983? How old are you? Do you know about military service?
Hi, Thank you for the reply. I was born in 1987, I am 23. I'm not too familiar with the military requirements. I just love the Mediterranean and Greek food, and Greek culture. I want to know more about my heritage and myself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does your mum or dad have a greek passport?
If yes then it be no problem for u to get one, otherwhise it would be better to get a "normal foreign citizenship", because with the greek one u would need to go at least 3month to the military.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts