Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the french term for a glass jug which separates the fat from the gravy?
Ours had a terrible accident.
I have Googled all sorts of terms but end up with juice squeezers or industrial fat separators only.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Does anyone know the french term for a glass jug which separates the fat from the gravy?
Ours had a terrible accident.
I have Googled all sorts of terms but end up with juice squeezers or industrial fat separators only.
I think this is what you are looking for:

Broc sparateur de graisse matfer

or you can buy one for £5.00 from Amazon UK

Cheers

·
Administrator
49,984 Posts
Thanks - that is exactly what we want! UK shipping costs sometimes are quite high but will check it out Thx again David.
If you find what you want at Amazon.co.uk, try checking amazon.fr too. I used to order lots from the UK, but more and more I find they list the same items (from the same UK vendors) on amazon.fr with pricing in euros. You sometimes get a better deal on the shipping, too, even though it's coming from the UK.

Amazon.fr: separateur de graisse: Cuisine & Maison

Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you find what you want at Amazon.co.uk, try checking amazon.fr too. I used to order lots from the UK, but more and more I find they list the same items (from the same UK vendors) on amazon.fr with pricing in euros. You sometimes get a better deal on the shipping, too, even though it's coming from the UK.

Amazon.fr: separateur de graisse: Cuisine & Maison

Cheers,
Bev
Hi - found one on Amazon.fr and the shipping was only €1.99 and will be delivered by April 21st. Thanks for your info as well.

·
Registered
594 Posts
If you use Broc separateur in a French shop, they will probably call the Police. This looks technical cooking French, although I perfectly understand what it is and what piece of equipement it refers to.

Pichet separateur de graisses or
Carafe avec separateur de graisses

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.