Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I am new to both the forum and learning about Australia. I wanted to get your thoughts on future of Information Security professionals in Australia. Is the market saturated with skilled professionals? Is there still room for more? I ask because I am one of many Information Security professionals considering moving to Australia.

I have been in the InfoSec field for over a decade and have earned several of the industry alphabet soup certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISA, PMP, MKMUSE, etc). I work for a large healthcare company in New England (USA) with decent compensation. I am a US citizen with good work life balance and enjoy decent quality of life. Not much to complain about. Except, I keep thinking I can do better in Australia. What do you think? Am I giving in to the grass is greener syndrome? What would you do?

Thanks,

gb :confused:

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
depends, if you miss the sun, dont like a very hectic lifestyle, want to go back a few decades (as they say, AU is still stuck in teh 80's, move to AU.. check the job portals, email a few consultants, apply for a few jobs and see how many get back to you..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts