Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

I have received my new passport recently after the old got expired . I got my 189 grant notification letter on Nov 2016 (and did the first step in on Feb 2017) and it was having the old passport number.

I updated the new passport number via VEVO . Will I be receiving a new grant notification letter with the new passport details ?
Or
Can I travel with new passport and the Grant letter I already received (with old passport number).

Could anyone suggest or share your experience ?

Regards
Arun

·
Registered
93 Posts
As far as my experience with Visa is concerned, they are carried forward and applicable for now passport even if they were originally issued on old passport. However not sure on PR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Your visa will be electronically linked to your new passport but you will not get a new grant letter as it was based on the original passport. You could print out the VEVO information confirming that your visa is linked to your current passport and travel with this. I'd probably also carry my grant letter and old passport just to be extra prepared in case of any questions.

Reactions: agnel25

·
Registered
82 Posts
hi all,

have been recently granted a PR for me and my family.

The middle name on my wife and children's PR is missing whereas the same is there on the passport. Thus normally in the Passport in the 'Given name' field we enter first name + father's /husband's name, however on the visa its only first name.

Will this create any issue either at the indian immigration or the australian immigration, request you to help please.

what is the best way to change the visa?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi ,

I have received my new passport recently after the old got expired . I got my 189 grant notification letter on Nov 2016 (and did the first step in on Feb 2017) and it was having the old passport number.

I updated the new passport number via VEVO . Will I be receiving a new grant notification letter with the new passport details ?
Or
Can I travel with new passport and the Grant letter I already received (with old passport number).

Could anyone suggest or share your experience ?

Regards
Arun
Hey Arun,

Can you explain please how did you update your new Passport details in VEVO online?

Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts