Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.

My partner and I are looking at moving to San Fernando area for early retirement to the Sun in the next 3 - 6 months and wondered whether anyone in this forum have any personal recommendations of an English speaking property lawyer to do the conveyance. Have read previous threads advising never to go with any recommended by the estate agents. I have also reviewed the list published by the British Consulate but just wondered whether anyone know of a good property lawyer they would recommend.

Many thanks in advance for your advice
Stewart

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Good luck with your move Stewart.

Cannot answer your query about lawyers though.

My son lived in San Fernando for a number of years, however he rented, perhaps you should do the same and then ask around when you get there.

Gran Canaria was our initial choice, we still visit, but eventually retired here on the remote island of El Hierro. We shall be on Gran Canaria for Christmas though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello,

Anyone on the Consulate list will be fine although it may well be out of date. It's a good idea to get an independent lawyer and to choose your real estate agency with care. Go for one with a long history and lots of client testimonials.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts