Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My name is Joe :)and I am currently living and working in England. Originally from Ireland, I moved to England to complete a degree in Sports Science & Coaching Studies. I have since became the elected President (sabbatical officer in other terms) of the Students' Union and approaching the end of my second (final) term.

My partner and I have plans to move to Dubai, she is a teacher and has already secured a job starting September 2017.

However, I am struggling to decide what to do next, and therefore delaying my search for jobs. I have the decision to follow my degree in sport or follow my newly found interest within the Education sector (from working as an SU President).

I appreciate that those reading this wont know me personally and that you cant make the decision for me, but it would be interesting to hear of any related personal stories/ potential careers / advice that may help me make a decision.

I have a personal interest in sport, however having completed work experience and currently being a strength and conditioning intern at a Premiership football club, I find it can be sometimes repetitive. In contrast, being a sabbatical officer with the freedom to bring ideas and campaigns to life, representing thousands of students, everyday is different.

That is maybe the key thing I am looking for - a job that has the ability to be different every day.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Get some experience tending a bar as a degree in sport related subjects with no experience wont get you very far.

The UAE like most countries here are sports mad but they have a habit of buying in experienced people.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts