Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Basically I'm a student at University College London, in a couple of years I will graduate with a Master of Physics (2.1 or hopefully 1st!) and I really want to move to New York.

I've visited a couple of times and really love the city, and I was wondering how hard it is to get sponsored for the green card. I've read several times that there must be "insufficient available, qualified, and willing U.S. workers to fill the position being offered at the prevailing wage" so does this mean there is no chance for a graduate straight out of university?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Hi,
Basically I'm a student at University College London, in a couple of years I will graduate with a Master of Physics (2.1 or hopefully 1st!) and I really want to move to New York.

I've visited a couple of times and really love the city, and I was wondering how hard it is to get sponsored for the green card. I've read several times that there must be "insufficient available, qualified, and willing U.S. workers to fill the position being offered at the prevailing wage" so does this mean there is no chance for a graduate straight out of university?

Thanks
There's a chance. Wouldn't cut your view down to NY, though, but rather see that as a long-term goal. The entry level at science is PhD -- see if you can get a US university to consider you with an attached teaching position.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts