Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We hope to move in early April to Perth after my kid gives her grade 10 exams in India. (The Grade 10 exams will be from 27th Feb 2014 to 25th March 2014)
Here is the worrying part....
I have been told that as the child will miss 2 months of the first term, she will be considered as failed as per WACE rules...
The first term of Grade 11 begins on 4th Feb 2014 at Perth.
Missing the first 2 months means that the assessment for first term is not done and hence even if the student does well overall in 2nd term onwards and does well in both Grade 11 and Grade 12, the overall result is that the student has FAILED as per WACE guidelines.
This also means that admissions to University is impacted and the student may not get the required admission.

Moving in Feb seems unlikely due to various commitments. Also I would not want my kid to miss the Grade 10 exams as in case we ever want to come back to India after a couple of years, it would impact admissions to university here.

Is there any way to resolve this issue... My kid wants to study medicine and be a doctor and I certainly do not want to make any wrong move ...

Has anyone faced this kind of situation? Is there any way out of this dilemma?

The school is also not willing to allow grade 10 to be repeated and insists that admission will only be based on year of birth which means going to grade 11 only.
:( :confused:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Maybe you can directly call and check with a school.
'Willetton high school' is a reputed school.
I cant say about other things , but repeating year 10 should be possible if you are willing to.
By the way what month and year born is your child? I think here the age cut off is June. So when you call them you can check for your child's date of birth that they'll take in which class (here they call as YEAR instead of class)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts