Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi friends

glad to inform you all that i have got victoria state sponsorship. But i am in doubt about the following lines in mail.

"b. If you have not already obtained a skill assessment, you must have your skills formally assessed by the relevant professional or trade assessment organisation in Australia. The assessment organisation will advise you in writing whether your qualifications and skills are recognised in Australia. Note that when you provided your CV to the Victorian Government no formal skills assessment was undertaken. Your resume was required to assess the demand for your skills in Victoria only.
The Victorian Government is unable to sponsor an occupation that is not included on the Skilled – Sponsored Eligibility List. If your skill assessment does not match the occupation under which you have been sponsored your nomination may be invalid. Please also note that the occupation indicated on the visa application must match the Victorian state nominated occupation."

Please advice what does this mean.

This was all due to all the expats in this forums help. thank you all of you again.

Applied for sponsorship - 20th September
Result - 14th December

Cheers all of u
Raj

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
That sounds to me as if you've got the sponsorship but it's conditional on being on the Sponsored Eligibility List and having a positive skills assessment.

I would check with them exactly what this means.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello raju,
first of all congrats for securing the state sponsorship.
I would like to ask you is what was your occupation nominated?
were you an engineer? if yes which?
Thanks in advance..
KK....

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hi Raju,

congrates on getting this achievment, will u or anyone else confirm me the funds required for this SS, as on VIC official website, they haven't mention any particular amount just say one should have sufficient amount for survival, I am going to apply for 175 with fees of 2525 $, should i apply for 176 with it or apply after some time.

2ndly if I got my 176 approved, will this fees for 175 gonna be adjusted to 176.

Kindly anyone can give more insight on this Vic SS process.

Thx!

·
Registered
134 Posts
congrats raju....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts