Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Few days back I have got my ACS assessment for Software Engineer. I have done BE in Electrical & Electronics and ACS has deducted 4 years of experience from my total 6.5 years of experience and due to this I am in lack of 5 points.

After discussing with my CO, CO has provided below link which says that for non IT bachelor degree like Electrical & Electronics ACS deducts 4 years of initial experience and rest of experience could be used for earning points.

http://acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/7324/Summary-of-Criteria-Oct-2013.pdf

I have done couple of certifications and have plan to write MCSE Data Platform and MCSE Business Intelligence as I have already completed MCSA.

If I would like to include these 2 certifications in my assessment (Already done), what could be the process? Will I need to apply a fresh application for skill assessment to ACS or it will be assessed separately and could be used together.

Anyone who has done this could you please share your experience and benefits.

I would also like to know, will I get any benefits in earning points after second time assessment?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi All,
Few days back I have got my ACS assessment for Software Engineer. I have done BE in Electrical & Electronics and ACS has deducted 4 years of experience from my total 6.5 years of experience and due to this I am in lack of 5 points.

After discussing with my CO, CO has provided below link which says that for non IT bachelor degree like Electrical & Electronics ACS deducts 4 years of initial experience and rest of experience could be used for earning points.

http://acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/7324/Summary-of-Criteria-Oct-2013.pdf

I have done couple of certifications and have plan to write MCSE Data Platform and MCSE Business Intelligence as I have already completed MCSA.

If I would like to include these 2 certifications in my assessment (Already done), what could be the process? Will I need to apply a fresh application for skill assessment to ACS or it will be assessed separately and could be used together.

I would also like to know, will I get any benefits in earning points after second time assessment?
I think you need to get your skills reassess. Though I am not sure about it, senior expats could throw more light on this.

Regards
Amit

·
Registered
176 Posts
Shiv11 said:
Hi All,

Hi

Did you have a masters done after bachelors!?

I have non- ICT bachelor degree followed by a masters in IT so you reckon they will deduct 4 years also in my case!?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts