Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Resident card for those under EU rules.

7 weeks is really quick. Others are waiting the maximum 6 months or even longer.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thnx Joppa it's all bcz of u and JRGE advie.any information u required I'm always there.just one more update is that I request my EEA PARTER ID 3 weeks ago almost and they send me within 4 days at my home.so I think that also made some difference for quick process.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HI EVERYONE!

Just to let u know that I got a letter from Liverpool home office yesterday in which they apologise me for delaying my COA for eea2 application in August 2013.and then also they confirmed me that"MY APPLICATION HAS BEEN GRANTED".but the funny thing is that according to their record I submit my application on 28 feb 2013 BUT IN FACT I SUBMITTED IT IN 2nd aug 2013.however I got my RC 3 days before receiving this letter.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HI !
Back again!
Would really need guidance about EEA NATIONAL EXTENDED FAMILY MEMBER PROCESS.i got RC recently.my brother is in Pk and I'm sending him almost 250 to 350 every month since last three years for his study and other expenses for university.but finally he finish his degree and wandering for job everywhere but cnt find any livelihood.nd as from now I'm recently married as well so I got extra expenses.me and my EEA wife finally decided to bring him here as EEA EXTENDED FAMILY MEMBER so that he can start his life and we cn rent a better house together.
so how we should start the process? and
WHAT PROOFS DO WE NEED TO PROVIDE?
And what kind of form he needs to fill in Pakistan.
Etc.
As he is totally dependent on us.

Help
JOPPA & JRGE
PLEASE.

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
You don't stand much of a chance I'm afraid. Your brother must be pretty desperate, almost destitute without your regular financial support. Your support for his studies won't be regarded as dependency under the EU rules.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As he is all on me.coz my father is retired and his pension is only enough for himself.but my brother is all on me.if there is Evan 1% chance then I'm still ready to take it.plz just let me know how I can start it and what docs do he need and what form he needs to fill please?
Thnx

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THNKS JOPPA.i got your point.but is there anyother way that he could be here with wrk right apart from student visa?plz.

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
As a recent Indian graduate, not much hope. Easiest is intra-company transfer but he needs to be with current employer for 2 years and has skills vital to their UK business (so no entry-level post). There is no working holiday type visa for Indians.

·
Registered
31 Posts
got RC

Resident card for those under EU rules.

7 weeks is really quick. Others are waiting the maximum 6 months or even longer.
hi guys i received my RC yesterday in 8 weeks. and now i got 1 question for you me and my polish wife wana go to poland in december on christmas time so do i need to apply for a schengen visa or i can go anywhere in EU on this RC? thanks

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Your UK residence card will be accepted in all EEA countries for entry when travelling together or you are joining her there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Your UK residence card will be accepted in all EEA countries for entry when travelling together or you are joining her there.
thanks for the quick reply. but if i wana travel with friends or alone without my wife or not joining her anywhere in EEA do i need a visa then? and what about airlnes will they let me board plane?

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Yes you do I'm afraid as you are always dependent on your EU spouse's travel arrangement. But having residence card should make it easier to apply for Schengen visa, including one valid for several years (but each stay limited yo 90-in-180 days).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi JOPPA!
Do I need to update our address with Homeoffice every time we moving after getting RC.is it really necessary?
Thnx

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi!
Thanx for prompt reply.So it is really necessary to update every time.and why they need my RC to be amended?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.