Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I would like to thank you every one who supported to me for all my queries . I got PR on 18th Nov. One phase is finished another phase is getting job and settling in ... i have few queries ..

1. I am the co- applicant and i want to go before main applicant ? will it be fine? i am planning in May 2014 and initial entry in granting letter is before 14th OCT. will it be fine?

2. i am bascially Right now i am in Saudi Arabia , Riyadh for project assignment i want to continue this job till April 2014 will create any problem for my initial entry for Australia?

3.I am into IT (Java/J2EE & websphere technologies - MQ,MB,DP) i am planning to Sydney ? will it be right choice...?

4. will it be possible search job outside of Australia before we arrive their?

5. Any other suggestion which you want to share before arriving their. apart from (Settle in Australia)

Thanks in Advance,
Babu

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi k.v.hanumesh,

congrats on your visa grant ;). Regarding your questions:

1. Check the conditions on your visa grant letter. Generally speaking, both you and the primary applicant hold the visa in their own right, so they can make the visa validation trip to Australia at different times. However, if you have condition 8502 on the grant you are not allowed to enter Australia before the primary visa holder.

2. No, as long as you make the validation trip before 14th OCT you'll be fine.

3+4. Sydney and Melbourne seem to attract most migrants with an ICT background because that's were most of the companies are located as well. Unfortunately this also means that there is more competition for jobs. Use the forum search function to read about the experiences of other members with the job hunt. I'd strongly recommend to start your job hunt from overseas, even though the chances to get a job that way are slim. But you'll have a list of recruiters/managers to contact after landing and a better overview of companies in your field.

5. You should definitely check out Dolly's sticky posts on http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...t-things-you-need-do-before-you-emigrate.html and http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...st-things-do-when-you-arrive-parts-1-4-a.html.

All the best,
Monika

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Monika,

Thanks for your all replies . Visa condition it mentioned in the place of co - applicant as NIL it means i can travel .

Regards,
Babu

Hi k.v.hanumesh,

congrats on your visa grant ;). Regarding your questions:

1. Check the conditions on your visa grant letter. Generally speaking, both you and the primary applicant hold the visa in their own right, so they can make the visa validation trip to Australia at different times. However, if you have condition 8502 on the grant you are not allowed to enter Australia before the primary visa holder.

2. No, as long as you make the validation trip before 14th OCT you'll be fine.

3+4. Sydney and Melbourne seem to attract most migrants with an ICT background because that's were most of the companies are located as well. Unfortunately this also means that there is more competition for jobs. Use the forum search function to read about the experiences of other members with the job hunt. I'd strongly recommend to start your job hunt from overseas, even though the chances to get a job that way are slim. But you'll have a list of recruiters/managers to contact after landing and a better overview of companies in your field.

5. You should definitely check out Dolly's sticky posts on http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...t-things-you-need-do-before-you-emigrate.html and http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...st-things-do-when-you-arrive-parts-1-4-a.html.

All the best,
Monika

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

I would like to thank you every one who supported to me for all my queries . I got PR on 18th Nov. One phase is finished another phase is getting job and settling in ... i have few queries ..

1. I am the co- applicant and i want to go before main applicant ? will it be fine? i am planning in May 2014 and initial entry in granting letter is before 14th OCT. will it be fine?

2. i am bascially Right now i am in Saudi Arabia , Riyadh for project assignment i want to continue this job till April 2014 will create any problem for my initial entry for Australia?

3.I am into IT (Java/J2EE & websphere technologies - MQ,MB,DP) i am planning to Sydney ? will it be right choice...?

4. will it be possible search job outside of Australia before we arrive their?

5. Any other suggestion which you want to share before arriving their. apart from (Settle in Australia)

Thanks in Advance,
Babu
Congrats hanumesh!! :cheer2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts