Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got visa for me and husband and child!! Funnily enough though - the day before my husband found an email in his junk box fr CO asking for additional info such as payslips but it seems it was ok anyway! In terms of employment ref I asked my professional lead to write a brief letter with my duties and included my salary so that must have been enough. No follow up with work either...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got visa for me and husband and child!! Funnily enough though - the day before my husband found an email in his junk box fr CO asking for additional info such as payslips but it seems it was ok anyway! In terms of employment ref I asked my professional lead to write a brief letter with my duties and included my salary so that must have been enough. No follow up with work either...
Thats great em76, Congrats..

Who was primary applicant in ur case and also what is ur job code ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'm the primary applicant and work as a clinical psychologist.. Took 10 months to get the visa but would have been faster if we had been more organised! Managed it without agent though and am pleased to have saved a bit of money that way..

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
congratulations :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interesting...besides your work reference letter, what else did you send that proved your work history? Did you send any bank statements or something the CO could use to show you worked as a pyschologist? Congratulations by the way!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only the skills assessment which was quite comprehensive but apart from my employer reference letter there was nothing else to prove my current employment or salary...Didn't send payslips as I didn't want to scan them in an Internet cafe so thought I'd wait until specifically asked for them but then email went into junk box and CO didn't ask again!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wonder if there is a way to check your psychologist license with your governing body in your country. In the US, you can go online and check to make sure someone is licensed. Maybe the CO checked you out online to verify.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.