Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
All good on our Fiance visa!
I'm just wondering our wedding is in march 2014, how soon do my Fiance and I go down to our local office and start the process of notice?

Do I wait after my initial 7 day living in the Uk period then head to the local office & then the designated office???

Then once we are married I understand we apply for FLR (M) (via PEO we will be doing this). Does this lead (after the 5 year period) into citizenship or do you still have to apply for FLR after the initial 2.5yr period???

How long do I wait after we are married to apply?

Also it is all the same process isn't it, apply online, renew bank statements, bills etc??? I will be on the council tax & can I open a new bank account with my NI number I had on my working visa???

Sorry for all the question just wanting to be organised :) thankyou again

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Hello everyone,
All good on our Fiance visa!
I'm just wondering our wedding is in march 2014, how soon do my Fiance and I go down to our local office and start the process of notice?

Do I wait after my initial 7 day living in the Uk period then head to the local office & then the designated office???
Giving notice:

https://www.gov.uk/marriages-civil-partnerships/overview

Then once we are married I understand we apply for FLR (M) (via PEO we will be doing this). Does this lead (after the 5 year period) into citizenship or do you still have to apply for FLR after the initial 2.5yr period???
After you are married you apply for FLR (M) which is good for 2.5 years. After 2.5 years you apply to renew FLR(M) for another 2.5 years. After 5 years of living in the UK on FLR and passing the Lifw in the UK test you apply for ILR. After you have aiLR you can apply for citizenship.

How long do I wait after we are married to apply?
As soon as you have your marriage certificate.

Also it is all the same process isn't it, apply online, renew bank statements, bills etc??? I will be on the council tax & can I open a new bank account with my NI number I had on my working visa???
Basically.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To book the PEO appointment I am a bit confused as to whether I have to ring up to book this after I pay and apply online, or it's the literally the same process and you book after your online app?

Also after the first FLR(M) 2.5yrs, to renew for another 2.5yrs do I have to do the whole PEO again & pay the £958? Or is it a simple renew online? I tried looking on the site for it.

Thankyou Nyclon for the quick first response.
:)

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
In 2.5 years you go through the exact same process. You are applying again for FLR (M). It's your choice as to whether you do a postal application or a PEO. And yes, you pay again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.