Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got CO today. I want to thank everyone which helped me with my numerous queries :) Specially, Anj. I really appreciate your spirit of sharing wealth of knowledge.

175 Online Lodgement Date: 26 April 2009
CO Allocation: 1 October 2009

CO has requested for Wedding Photos,Meds,PCC and Form 80. I am little worried about Meds and PCC.

Meds - CO mail says "Dependants, who are not migrating with the applicant/s, must also undergo a medical examination." I dont remember if I have mentioned my parents as non-migrating dependent while applying online. In the Status Inquiry link I see only me and my spouse.How can I know what I submitted while applying?

PCC - I did someone from Delhi, India here.My passport was issued from delhi and I live in delhi in the same address. So i can simply go to regional passport office and get it done.How long does it take? (CO has given only 28days and there are too many vacations due ti diwali).My wife passport is from other state (not delhi) but she lives in delhi since marriage.Where she should go?

Manish

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
the wedding pix is new.. did u not give a marriage certificate? and why are u worried about meds and PCC?

when they say dependents, they mean those who r not in the application, by that they mean children if any, if your parents are not in the application and are not dependent on u thn u do not need to get it done for them. just get it done for yourself and your spouse. or let others comment on this, since i am yet to get the meds done, i m not sure if what i am saying is right

yes go to the RPO and get it done form there. if u are not able to manage it in the given time just send the acknowledgement that u get form the RPO saying u have applied for it and are waiting, so they do give u an extension. I think in case of your wife they will do the entire police verification again, so be ready for it taking longer thn anticipated. but it doesnt take anything beyond 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have given marriage cert. Apart from marriage pics, they have asked for marriage invitation also :) [as if they want to come to my marriage :)].

Meds - Yup, I am planning to get it done for myself and wife.But I am in Bangalore right now (addres with DIAC is delhi). Is is okay to go to doc in Bangalore?

PCC - For wife, do I need to get address in passport changed first?

Manish

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
well, i dont know why, this is the first time i have heard this request, maybe others were asked too but not many wrote about it here. we gave an affidavit for change of name which had our marriage pic. anyways.

yeah its alright to goto a doc in bangalore, i dont think it should an issue. or u can contact the doc in delhi and take an appt for a date when u r back, but if u r in bangalroe for sometime, u can take the meds there.

umm.. we got the address changed for my husband a while ago as we knew PCC would take time, we stay in gurgaon and we applied in delhi, so it goes from delhi pp office to haryana office which is in panchkula, form there is comes to gurgaon, then again it goes back to panchkula and back to delhi, for us the procedure was longer.

u dont need to get the address changed, once they do the PCC they automatically would do it, or u can request for change in address too. dont u know an agent at the delhi pp office who can suggest u what shud be done, agents normally get things done faster but then the person shud be genuine, not someone who is money hungry and keeps u on hold forever. else, doing things on ur own is the best

·
Registered
233 Posts
If u really want PCC done in single day.....then do ur PCC in Delhi RPO and for your wife do where they issued passport and apply for the same address in the passport (if some relative or her parents are still staying there).....by this way u can do for both in single day. regading medicals u can do anywhere in India.

Invitation and marriage photos are new.....still give them, I hope u need not prepare that newly -:))

R u in CSL?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PCC - I have mentioned that my wife is staying with me in Delhi. So can I still get her PCC from other state RPO?

I got married 6 months back so have photos and invitation. But the problem is invitation is in Hindi. So i need to get them translated:)

Manish

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
yes, but the translation is hardly an issue, it takes 5 mins and 300-400 rupees. in Delhi there is this translator that we used, near INA market, will give u the details if u need.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
if u r coming from Indiagate side towards INA mkt, just before the INA flover there is a colony gate on the left.
call them and they will explain the way

·
Registered
111 Posts
There is no need to change the address in the passport for applying PCC. Take my word as my case is same. If you go for address change it will take more time. Also mind it your address in passport will not be automatically changed when you apply PCC from a address which is different from the one in passport.

Police verification will not be done if your passport is issued by the same passport office and your current address is in the same city and police verification was done on your passport in the last 4 years. In such case you will receive passport with in 1 week. Otherwise Police verification will be done it take what it takes. I have applied PCC 33 days back and I am still waiting.

Please do not take advise of people who do not have any personal experience of going through PCC and just providing advises based on their gut feeling. I have been a victim of taking these casual remarks as facts. Some one in this forum told me that I can as well submit the PCC obtained from the Police. THIS IS NOT TRUE. PCC though can be obtained by Local Police is not accepted by DIAC. The report should only be from RPO. I have wasted 30 days of precious time just because of this.

·
Registered
204 Posts
There is no need to change the address in the passport for applying PCC. Take my word as my case is same. If you go for address change it will take more time. Also mind it your address in passport will not be automatically changed when you apply PCC from a address which is different from the one in passport.
Thanks, very useful information.

I just wanna ask about my case if you guys can pls comment on this.

Currently I am working in UAE.
I got my jumbo passport in 1999 from India CityX residing in StreetA, now we reside in StreetB and i have not changed the StreetA address in my PP to StreetB, will this be an Issue? since i'll be going to request PCC from Indian Consulate in UAE.

Pls comment

regds

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well my PCC was done in a days time from the RPO. Submitted in morning and was asked to collect it in next evening, though wasn't sure if i would get it in a day but surprisingly i got it! Got it done for me and my wife who would stay in another suburb before marriage (about 18 months back).
I was pleasantly surprised by their service this time !
Wondering how does it take so long in Delhi anj ?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks, very useful information.

I just wanna ask about my case if you guys can pls comment on this.

Currently I am working in UAE.
I got my jumbo passport in 1999 from India CityX residing in StreetA, now we reside in StreetB and i have not changed the StreetA address in my PP to StreetB, will this be an Issue? since i'll be going to request PCC from Indian Consulate in UAE.

Pls comment

regds

How long have you been living in your current address in UAE ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts