Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I have received a positive assessment result from ACS today (26-Nov-2013), for which I applied on 28-Aug-2013. Basically, ACS deducted 4 years from my total experience. Below are the excerpts from the PDF file.

Your Bachelor in Applied Science Computer Engineering has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing. The following employment after December 2008 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: Dec/04 - Jun/07 (2yrs 6mths)
Position: Engineer1
Employer: Company1
Dates: Jun/07 - Aug/13 (6yrs 2mths)
Position: Engineer2
Employer: Company2

Since these dates do not include specific days, but months, are the months inclusive? I mean to ask whether I may claim points from December-2008 or January-2009. If January-2009, then I will have to wait until Jan-2014 before I get full 5 years of "skilled" employment.

If I am correct, I think I have to distribute my 2 jobs in 3 distinct periods, as below. But I am very much confused about splitting my current job. I marked the spots of confusion with ????. I do not want to leave any gaps since EOI asks for dates down to the specific days, not months.

Job: Engineer1
Start date: Dec, 2004 (actual: 6-Dec-2004)
End date: Jun, 2007 (actual: 2-Jun-2007)
Is this employment related to the nominated occupation? No

Job: Engineer2
Start date: Jun, 2007 (actual: 3-Jun-2007)
End date: Dec, 2008 (actual: ????)

Start date: Dec, 2008 (actual: ????)
End date: Dec, 2013 or Jan, 2014 ????
Is this employment related to the nominated occupation? Yes

Kindly help me with filling up the ???? spots. Thanks.

BR,
mcgyver

·
Registered
750 Posts
Don't bother about your change in role/promotion in the same company. DIBP(formerly known as DIAC) will consider only from the date your 4 years were deducted. So, basically it will be from your 2nd company only and nothing else.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I have received a positive assessment result from ACS today (26-Nov-2013), for which I applied on 28-Aug-2013. Basically, ACS deducted 4 years from my total experience. Below are the excerpts from the PDF file.

Your Bachelor in Applied Science Computer Engineering has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing. The following employment after December 2008 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: Dec/04 - Jun/07 (2yrs 6mths)
Position: Engineer1
Dates: Jun/07 - Aug/13 (6yrs 2mths)
Position: Engineer2

Since these dates do not include specific days, but months, are the months inclusive? I mean to ask whether I may claim points from December-2008 or January-2009. If January-2009, then I will have to wait until Jan-2014 before I get full 5 years of "skilled" employment.

If I am correct, I think I have to distribute my 2 jobs in 3 distinct periods, as below. But I am very much confused about splitting my current job. I marked the spots of confusion with ????. I do not want to leave any gaps since EOI asks for dates down to the specific days, not months.

Job: Engineer1
Start date: Dec, 2004 (actual: 6-Dec-2004)
End date: Jun, 2007 (actual: 2-Jun-2007)

Start date: Jun, 2007 (actual: 3-Jun-2007)
End date: Dec, 2008 (actual: ????)

Start date: Dec, 2008 (actual: ????)
End date: Dec, 2013 or Jan, 2014 ????
Is this employment related to the nominated occupation? Yes

Kindly help me with filling up the ???? spots. Thanks.

BR,
mcgyver
remove exactly 4 years from your experience down to days and calculate..hope im right..

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Yes First entry for Job 2 should end at December 2008 and ticked 'Not-Relevant' and Second entry for same Job 2 should start from January 2009 and Relevant.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes First entry for Job 2 should end at December 2008 and ticked 'Not-Relevant' and Second entry for same Job 2 should start from January 2009 and Relevant.

Sunlight11,

I think his doubt was regarding the exact dates(DD/MM/YYYY) to be entered in EOI and not the respective month..as we have to enter the exact start and end dates(DD/MM/YYYY) while filing EOI after removing 4 yrs as per his ACS assessment.

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Sunlight11,

I think his doubt was regarding the exact dates(DD/MM/YYYY) to be entered in EOI and not the respective month..as we have to enter the exact start and end dates(DD/MM/YYYY) while filing EOI after removing 4 yrs as per his ACS assessment.
OK, as the letter says AFTER Dec 2008, his 5 years Skilled employment for 10 points has to be: 01-Jan-2009 TO 31-December-2013 ..

·
Registered
205 Posts
OK, as the letter says AFTER Dec 2008, his 5 years Skilled employment for 10 points has to be: 01-Jan-2009 TO 31-December-2013 ..

great..this is what I exactly had in mind..:decision:

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
great..this is what I exactly had in mind..:decision:
But note that if his actual 4 years are fulfilled let's say around Mid-December, COs probably wouldn't object if he claims points from Mid-Dec onwards; its just that its safer from January.

·
Registered
205 Posts
But note that if his actual 4 years are fulfilled let's say around Mid-December, COs probably wouldn't object if he claims points from Mid-Dec onwards; its just that its safer from January.
Sunlight11,

I got a doubt here..if we are still continuing to work, can we include the experience that we acquire even after ACS assessment dates, till the date we file for EOI..?? and eventually submit payslips,tax docs for the months till we get the invitation..is this correct?

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Sunlight11,

I got a doubt here..if we are still continuing to work, can we include the experience that we acquire even after ACS assessment dates, till the date we file for EOI..?? and eventually submit payslips,tax docs for the months till we get the invitation..is this correct?
Yes you are right.

Reactions: bravokal

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks folks. You are all amazing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi,

I have got a positive responses from ACS for the skill assessment below but now confused because according to their statement they consider my relevant experience after November 2011.
Can you some please let me know that aim i eligible to claim 3 years for 5 points or not. ?

Thank you for your ICT skills assessment which was received by the Australian Computer Society on 29 June 2016.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 263111 (Computer Network and Systems

Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:

Your Master of Science in Network Management from Anglia Ruskin University completed September 2007 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Master Degree with a major in computing.

The following employment after November 2011 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 10/07 - 02/09 (1yrs 4mths)

Position: IT Support Engineer

Employer: 1

Dates: 03/11 - 07/12 (1yrs 4mths)

Position: Cisco Network Engineer

Employer: 2

Dates: 12/13 - 01/15 (1yrs 1mths)

Position: Network Engineer

Employer: 3

Dates: 01/15 - 08/15 (0yrs 7mths)

Position: Voice Network Engineer

Employer: 4

Dates: 05/16 - 06/16 (0yrs 1mths)

Position: Migration Engineer/Floorwalker

Employer: 5

The following employment has been assessed as not suitable.

Dates: 04/09 - 03/11 (0yrs 0mths)

Position: IT Consultant - Not Assessable due to Insufficient Documentation

Employer: 6

Dates: 08/12 - 04/13 (0yrs 0mths)

Position: Cisco Support Engineer/Senior IT Officer (Networks) - Not Assessable due to Insufficient Detail

Employer: 7

Dates: 08/13 - 10/13 (0yrs 0mths)

Position: Network Engineer - Not Assessable due to Insufficient Documentation

Employer: 8

Please note that the Department of Immigration and Border Protection reserves the right to undertake further

investigation regarding your skilled employment experience.

While the ACS is authorised to assess ICT skills assessments, the final decision in awarding points remains with the

Department of Immigration and Border Protection.

This assessment is based upon the documents provided. By issuing this letter or otherwise, the ACS makes no

representation regarding:

• The authenticity of documentation provided or the veracity of content.

• The suitability of the applicant for migration or employment.

This assessment is valid for a period of 24 months from the date of this letter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts