Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I got my 176 visa grant letter this morning. After a 5.5 months journey of tense moments, sleepless nights and confusion it finally ended up good.

I would like to take this moment to THANK each one of y'all for the help provided directly or indirectly...specially Anjali, Maz, Maddy, Dreamaus and Pradip. I have been a silent spectator/miner in this forum and the queries posted here and the replies given have helped immensely in answering alot of questions that I had.

Most of all I would like to give a BIG THANKS to Adrian who is also a member of this forum. He was kind enough to give me right directions on many aspects from time to time including on documentation part.

Looking forward to move there soon. Thanks again and if anyone needs any help in application front, I'm glad to help.

Regards
Prakash

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats

Hi all,

I got my 176 visa grant letter this morning. After a 5.5 months journey of tense moments, sleepless nights and confusion it finally ended up good.

I would like to take this moment to THANK each one of y'all for the help provided directly or indirectly...specially Anjali, Maz, Maddy, Dreamaus and Pradip. I have been a silent spectator/miner in this forum and the queries posted here and the replies given have helped immensely in answering alot of questions that I had.

Most of all I would like to give a BIG THANKS to Adrian who is also a member of this forum. He was kind enough to give me right directions on many aspects from time to time including on documentation part.

Looking forward to move there soon. Thanks again and if anyone needs any help in application front, I'm glad to help.

Regards
Prakash
Congrats Prakash.What was your ielts score and did you get it in first attempt?also i think this subclass is with state sponsership.I wanted to know for independent subclass what are the changes expected in Jul 2012 in the points system espcially IELTS.any clue?I am applying for PR just fell short of .5 in writing as i need to get 7 in each.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
latshri said:
Congrats Prakash.What was your ielts score and did you get it in first attempt?also i think this subclass is with state sponsership.I wanted to know for independent subclass what are the changes expected in Jul 2012 in the points system espcially IELTS.any clue?I am applying for PR just fell short of .5 in writing as i need to get 7 in each.
Hi...my ielts was R8.5; L8; S7.5; W7 with overall 8 and I don't think there's any change in points from ielts perspective in the new system.

The independent 175 and SS 176 are goin to go under skillselect scheme wherein u can only apply for the visa if u r invited to do so by DIAC after u express ur interest to apply.
However to express interest, u need to complete ielts and skill assessment and SS (if applicable) first

I would recommend u to apply under state sponsored subclass 176 as it is relatively easy to get an invite from DIAC as I understand.

Regards
Prakash

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi...my ielts was R8.5; L8; S7.5; W7 with overall 8 and I don't think there's any change in points from ielts perspective in the new system.

The independent 175 and SS 176 are goin to go under skillselect scheme wherein u can only apply for the visa if u r invited to do so by DIAC after u express ur interest to apply.
However to express interest, u need to complete ielts and skill assessment and SS (if applicable) first

I would recommend u to apply under state sponsored subclass 176 as it is relatively easy to get an invite from DIAC as I understand.

Regards
Prakash
Thank you so much.I applied for Re evaluation of my ielts- i wrote for the first time and got 7.5,7,7,and 6.5(in wiritng).So trying out by applying ofr re-mark.Meanwhile also giving ielts again on 26th and will se how it goes.

does it really become tough to get a PR after Jul 2012.I am Senior software engineer with total 5 years IT experience working in Melbourne for past 2 years 10 months
Can you please ping me in gmail? and give me your gmail id too.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Many Congratulations....:)

Maybe you can give your timeline so that others can benefit from it...
Hi all,

Regards
Prakash

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
latshri said:
Thank you so much.I applied for Re evaluation of my ielts- i wrote for the first time and got 7.5,7,7,and 6.5(in wiritng).So trying out by applying ofr re-mark.Meanwhile also giving ielts again on 26th and will se how it goes.

does it really become tough to get a PR after Jul 2012.I am Senior software engineer with total 5 years IT experience working in Melbourne for past 2 years 10 months
Can you please ping me in gmail? and give me your gmail id too.
What's ur gmail id? My id...put gmail.com against pranar1

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lifeisgood said:
Many Congratulations....:)

Maybe you can give your timeline so that others can benefit from it...
Thanks. My timeline in detail:

ACS online submission: 31st Dec'11
Couriered docs: 7th Jan'12
ACS recvd and started process: 16th Jan (delay as Aussie customs held it for a week for inspection)
ACS +ve result: 16th Feb (ICT BA)
IELTS result for self: 22nd Feb (L8; R8.5; W7; S7.5; overall 8)
WA SS applied: 28th Feb
WA approved: 19th Mar
IELTS result for wife: 23rd mar
DIAC 176 lodged: 27th mar
CO alloted: 20th apr (asked for addtl proof of emp, form 80, PCC and health report)
All Docs submitted by: 14th may (India PCC took quite some time)
Grant recvd: 15th may

My experience is that if u keep the CO informed each time u upload the docs, the processing is much faster. I have seen the status change online immediately after I let her know abt any doc that I upload and finally got the grant after the last doc was uploaded.

All the best.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SSDK said:
Just an observation that it takes time for Medical review...was it same for you as well Pranar
Yes, it does. In my case my wife got it finalized rather quick. In mine n kid's case I had to followup with CO to get it done. Sometimes they refer it for further check.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Understood...seems my medicals and family's medicals have been finalized on the 1st screen but not reflecting on Document Checklist...everything is pending there.

May take some more time...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SSDK said:
Understood...seems my medicals and family's medicals have been finalized on the 1st screen but not reflecting on Document Checklist...everything is pending there.

May take some more time...
It's more than enuf if its showing finalized. Mine also never changed status in the doc list till the last moment. Depends on when CO does it.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Congratulations

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congratulations
I got ACS+ve yesterday and applied for SA SS 176 immediately. Have you any idea how much time it may required? Additionally, if you have the checklist of the docs required for 176 application. Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I got ACS+ve yesterday and applied for SA SS 176 immediately. Have you any idea how much time it may required? Additionally, if you have the checklist of the docs required for 176 application. Thanks.
Hi...I am not sure about SA SS, but from someone I know who has got it aldy, it took him a month roughly. Now that was about 6 mths back. Timelines could vary now.
Checklist of docs would be the same as whatever you submitted for ACS. The only new set here would be:

1. Family's passport copy and marriage certificate copy and family's birth certificate (if applicable)
2. Additional proof of employment like 6 months payslip and bank statement showing the credit of salary. This is apart from your detailed work exp. letter.
3. IELTS score card
4. SS grant/approval letter
5. Police clearance from all countries that you have resided 6 mths or more in the 10 yrs.
6. Health report/medicals
7. Form 80

Points 5, 6 and 7 is recommended to be done after CO requests for it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi...I am not sure about SA SS, but from someone I know who has got it aldy, it took him a month roughly. Now that was about 6 mths back. Timelines could vary now.
Checklist of docs would be the same as whatever you submitted for ACS. The only new set here would be:

1. Family's passport copy and marriage certificate copy and family's birth certificate (if applicable)
2. Additional proof of employment like 6 months payslip and bank statement showing the credit of salary. This is apart from your detailed work exp. letter.
3. IELTS score card
4. SS grant/approval letter
5. Police clearance from all countries that you have resided 6 mths or more in the 10 yrs.
6. Health report/medicals
7. Form 80

Points 5, 6 and 7 is recommended to be done after CO requests for it.
Congratulations Prakash on getting your grant letter and all the very best for your migration to Oz. Have you already applied for a job there or are you planning to do so after reaching Oz ?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.