Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 6AM we headed out to get our second Pfizer vaccine. When we got there the line was about 4 kms long (vehicular access) - per google maps. We returned home and I got some stuff done. Around 9AM we tried again and the line was even longer - around 5 kms long.

I know Saturday was 'labor day' - and today is not a banking holiday - but it feels as though this is the tail end of a three day weekend. There have been a ton of cohetes all day. Even though today is supposed to be for those 60+ people - I've got a feeling a lot of people took the day off to wait in line for their vaccines.

We will give it another shot in the morning.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Of course - today is el Día de la Santa Cruz y la festividad del Día del Albañil... (every year I forget).

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Right and how millions are vaccinated in the US and how many millions here? Mexico is not doing a great job on vaccinating their people, nothing to brag about here.

·
Super Moderator
8,989 Posts
At 6AM we headed out to get our second Pfizer vaccine. When we got there the line was about 4 kms long (vehicular access) - per google maps. We returned home and I got some stuff done. Around 9AM we tried again and the line was even longer - around 5 kms long.

I know Saturday was 'labor day' - and today is not a banking holiday - but it feels as though this is the tail end of a three day weekend. There have been a ton of cohetes all day. Even though today is supposed to be for those 60+ people - I've got a feeling a lot of people took the day off to wait in line for their vaccines.

We will give it another shot in the morning.
Great pun at the end of your post, MT!

·
Super Moderator
8,989 Posts
Right and how millions are vaccinated in the US and how many millions here? Mexico is not doing a great job on vaccinating their people, nothing to brag about here.
I don't have any numbers or links to post, but it seems as though things are going rather well in Mexico City.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a difference a day makes. Today we left the house at 6AM and returned around 9:15AM. (They opened shop at 8:30AM). Yesterday's 5 km line was today about 200 cars in front of us. The people administering the shots, and all the people herding cars/people are great. I think yesterday's issues dealt with people who were not supposed to show up (either people from outside the area or people younger than 60+).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts