Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. i live in turkey. i will make my first abroad trip to dubai on 18th of december. i like to know about good restaurants in which i can eat traditional food of dubai or in common middle east.:)in addition if u can help me about the things should be done in dubai i will appreciate it. thank you:)

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
hi. i live in turkey. i will make my first abroad trip to dubai on 18th of december. i like to know about good restaurants in which i can eat traditional food of dubai or in common middle east.:)in addition if u can help me about the things should be done in dubai i will appreciate it. thank you:)
Hosgeldiniz

There are loads of great restaurants in Dubai, so it would help if you specified which ares of town (this is a big place) and a budget.

Emirati food isn;t really available, but there are numerous Lebanese or generic Arabic places all over town. You 'll find that a lot is not very different from traditional Turkish food.

-

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think Bin Eid in Deira (near the corniche) does Emirati food, but I can't vouch for this myself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hosgeldiniz

There are loads of great restaurants in Dubai, so it would help if you specified which ares of town (this is a big place) and a budget.

Emirati food isn;t really available, but there are numerous Lebanese or generic Arabic places all over town. You 'll find that a lot is not very different from traditional Turkish food.

-
Hosbuldum : )

we will probably stay at atlantis the palm or burj al arab hotel. we may only stay for 4 or 5 days. we will visit RAK for business too.

thank you for your help:)

·
Registered
6,657 Posts

we will probably stay at atlantis the palm or burj al arab hotel. we may only stay for 4 or 5 days. we will visit RAK for business too.

Either of those places have Arabic/Lebanese restaurants if you want high end. If you want the cheaper and probably more daily style version try any branch of Al Safadi or Beirut. I also like ARZ Lebanon - the nearest branches will be those in Marina or on Jumeirah Beach Road.

There are also a number of Iranian restaurants here - as well as every other type of food from around the world.

-

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Either of those places have Arabic/Lebanese restaurants if you want high end. If you want the cheaper and probably more daily style version try any branch of Al Safadi or Beirut. I also like ARZ Lebanon - the nearest branches will be those in Marina or on Jumeirah Beach Road.

There are also a number of Iranian restaurants here - as well as every other type of food from around the world.

-
i find the telephone number of those 3 restaurants on the net so thank you very much:) if you have further suggestions i will love to hear them:) (also if you can make suggestions about what we should especially choose i assume you now traditional turkish cuisine as well)

·
Banned
6,690 Posts

I'm sure they could recommend some great places - have you not thought about using their concierge service? While you're at it book their white phantom's to get you there too.

It'll be an unforgettable night....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm sure they could recommend some great places - have you not thought about using their concierge service? While you're at it book their white phantom's to get you there too.

It'll be an unforgettable night....
truly i wasn't aware of such kind of services: ) but thx:)

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
My comment is that a concierge here will often be a little biased as there may be reasons why he recommends one restaurant in place of another and it's not just to do with the food...

Let me know the kind of food you like and I can recommend some excellent restaurants.

-

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My comment is that a concierge here will often be a little biased as there may be reasons why he recommends one restaurant in place of another and it's not just to do with the food...

Let me know the kind of food you like and I can recommend some excellent restaurants.

-
ok indeed thats one of the things come to my mind when i read the post about concierge service. but than i tought maybe i am too suspicious and this can be good and easy way of finding what i am looking for.

it maybe better to ask someone who has no benefit about what you asked for.so i appreciate your help.

i will try to tell you about what kind of food i like. as you mention in one of your posts i like to taste traditional food but not five started version but as it is eaten in that culture . but also i like to taste that kind of food in a restaurant which is really good about it.

my personal choice i don't like food too oily. but i like spices very much and don't matter how chilli it is. i like salads and soups as well. i prefer to eat chicken instead of meat regularly but sometimes i also eat meat too but both they have to be cooked well. i like appetizers which we call it like 'meze' in turkey:) as you can see i like nearly everything but try to explain you the way i like : )

ah there is something i want to try but that can sound weird:) i want to try camel meat...

when it comes to sea cuisine we also have a saying in turkey for that which has a meaning like ' even if my father comes out of the sea i eat him '.so thats all i can mention. thank you for your help:)

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Only a few places serve camel meat. I tried it in Shoo Fee Ma Fe, a Moroccan restaurant in The Madinat.

What about Thai food? I really like Mango Tree in Souk al Bahar. There are loads of good Indian places (Coconut Grove in Rydges Plaza does great, authentic Southern Indian food).

-

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ask the cab driver.

When we lived in Toronto, a friend from out of town took us to the most amazing Pakistani restaurant, a place that we would not otherwise discover on our own. His secret? Wherever he goes, he would ask his cab Driver where this Driver dines with his family for very special occasions. He said it never fails him, great authentic food all the time.

Caveat: might not work here in Dubai as Drivers doesn't earn much and no family to celebrate special occasions.

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
Ask the cab driver.

When we lived in Toronto, a friend from out of town took us to the most amazing Pakistani restaurant, a place that we would not otherwise discover on our own. His secret? Wherever he goes, he would ask his cab Driver where this Driver dines with his family for very special occasions. He said it never fails him, great authentic food all the time.

Caveat: might not work here in Dubai as Drivers doesn't earn much and no family to celebrate special occasions.
And half of them don't know where they're going at the best of times - you'd probably end up in some eat and drink cafe in Sonapur and would pay 20x the food cost just for the taxi fare to get there.

Incidentally, a great Pakistani restaurant is Ravi's in Satwa.... AED20/head, can't go wrong.

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Is there any place to go to get authentic italian, mexican or german?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Only a few places serve camel meat. I tried it in Shoo Fee Ma Fe, a Moroccan restaurant in The Madinat.

What about Thai food? I really like Mango Tree in Souk al Bahar. There are loads of good Indian places (Coconut Grove in Rydges Plaza does great, authentic Southern Indian food).

-
i tasted chinese food and japanese food a couple of times but never tasted thai food. r they alike

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
No, they are different. Different spices, different dishes. I LOVE Thai food :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.