Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

It's me again!! We have being getting quotes from a Co. called Careline.ie. they seem to be very professional, really friendly and good value. I'm happy to recommend them. I have been dealing with a guy called Kevin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

It's me again!! We have being getting quotes from a Co. called Careline.ie. they seem to be very professional, really friendly and good value. I'm happy to recommend them. I have been dealing with a guy called Kevin.
Yep, we went with Careline as well - so far so good, got an e-mail a couple of weeks ago to say furniture due to arrive 'into port' on 29 Oct - rang them the other day to see how long after that we get the furniture, and they said within 4 days if no hold-ups in Customs - they explained that the port is like a huge big airport and that there are containers everywhere and it just depends on how busy the port is at the time. Tiime will tell! Will report back!
Zelda from Dubllin, now in Manly, Sydney (3 months) and loving it so far!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, we went with Careline as well - so far so good, got an e-mail a couple of weeks ago to say furniture due to arrive 'into port' on 29 Oct - rang them the other day to see how long after that we get the furniture, and they said within 4 days if no hold-ups in Customs - they explained that the port is like a huge big airport and that there are containers everywhere and it just depends on how busy the port is at the time. Tiime will tell! Will report back!
Zelda from Dubllin, now in Manly, Sydney (3 months) and loving it so far!
That's great thanks. We used to live in Manly for 5 years when we were there 16 years ago - such great memories! We lived in Fairlight. Fab place to live - hope you have a great life there!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

Thats great thanks a million!

·
Registered
82 Posts
My best friends cousin has just moved here and swore blind about Pickfords,
please bear in mind that most cos outsource it so they probably end up using Pickfords
Best thing is to get 3 quotes and see cost and duration.
Pickfords will wrap- pack and unpack at both ends,so that is hard to beat.

David

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's great thanks. We used to live in Manly for 5 years when we were there 16 years ago - such great memories! We lived in Fairlight. Fab place to live - hope you have a great life there!
So where are you moving to this time then? I lived in Sydney for about 2 years in McMahons Point when I was young, free and single, about 12 years ago. I must say, if I'd been living here in Manly or Fairlight, I probably would never have left the first time!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So where are you moving to this time then? I lived in Sydney for about 2 years in McMahons Point when I was young, free and single, about 12 years ago. I must say, if I'd been living here in Manly or Fairlight, I probably would never have left the first time!
We have asked ourselves that question many times and nearly every year since we've come home moving back to Oz comes into the conversation!! Don't know why it's taken us so long to finally say "lets do it" - maybe midlife crisis lol!! McMahons Point is a rather nice spot also. We're going to try Perth this time as my brother lives there so at least will be close to some family.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's great. Also very lucky here, as my brother has been here now for the past 10 years, and my husband's sister also here for 9 or 10 years - don't know what we'd do without them! Good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's great. Also very lucky here, as my brother has been here now for the past 10 years, and my husband's sister also here for 9 or 10 years - don't know what we'd do without them! Good luck!
Yes it's definitely great to have family there - softens the blow! Have a great life in Sydney!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts