Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

We are moving to Paris this summer after two years in Zurich, Switzerland. We are looking into the different arrondissements but the choices are vast. Our main criteria are good public schools for our children aged 4 and 8. All of the their schooling has been at the French Lycée so they should just tune into the public french educational system with no issues.

The common advice has been if you are in a "good" arrondissement then the schools should be good. The neighbourhoods that seem nice to us are the 17eme, 15eme, 5eme, 11eme. If anyone has specific school recommendations in these areas or others, please do share them as it will affect the geographical scope of our apartment hunting.

Many thanks in advance,

Miranda

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have often heard "Ecoles d'application" having a better reputation. There are many in my area (16th -by the way very nice area to live in with a family, very international too). Perhaps this is because one of the IUFM is located in the neighborhood. You can check the other locations 01. Plans d'accès - IUFM de Paris
If you were deciding to consider the 16th, I have heard high of the boileau primary school located rue Boileau ;-) Ecole d'application Boileau - Inscriptions à l'école

You can check the schools zones on the Paris.fr website: Recherche des écoles et du collège d'une adresse - Service en ligne de la Ville de Paris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.