Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just saw the heading on the thread an wondered how I'd missed such momentously good news! Now it all makes sense, thought it was somewhat too good to be true!

·
Registered
15,613 Posts
Fake death reports are quite common. I like Morgan Freeman's comment when he became the victim of one:

I hope these stories are not true, but if they are, I am happy to report that my afterlife seems identical to the one I had when I was alive.
And Russell Crowe's:

Am unable to answer Tweets because I fell off a mountain in Austria. All over, red rover. Don't know how I got there but the media are never wrong. Bye...

·
Registered
15,613 Posts
The hash tag #NowThatchersDead pegged to Margaret Thatcher's death was quickly confused with the idea that "now that Cher is dead," leading to a spiral of Twitter-fueled rumors on April 8th, 2013. Notably, Kim Kardashian was confused by the trend, tweeting, "Did I just hear that Cher has passed away? Is this real? OMG."
Celebrity Death Hoaxes Through The Years

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hi - tragically, it's absolutely true that Mugabe is most definitely alive! I've just been watching a BBC TV News report on the appalling leve of unemployment in Zimbabwe - 80%!!!!

The journalist and presenter, Stephen Sacar ( hope that's spelt correctly..) pondered on a likely successor, having claimed; '' After all, Mugabe cannot rule forever...!'' The person named by Sacar is one of the President's most feared henchmen - nicknamed 'The Crocodile'. so there's no likelihood of positive radical change in any future Government's policy in favour of those now sunk in misery and poverty.

Independence has certainly brought neither guaranteed Human Rights nor the much - vaunted financial security to Zimbabweans, so far.

I loathe the concept and practice of 'Colonialism', especially as experienced under 'Apartheid' regimes! I do wonder, though, how qmany of those Zimbabweans now suffering, most acutely, the living conditions and fear imposed upon them by their own President, regret ever having given him their mandate and trust - in the fervent belief that he would lead their country into a democratic, financially stable new beginning, in which its vast resources, including land recovered from white farmers, would be dispersed and shared, for the benefit of all.....!

Saludos,
Sxx

Reactions: AllHeart

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
...appalling leve of unemployment in Zimbabwe - 80%!!!!

I read somewhere that true unemployment figures for Spain are being covered-up and actually the situation is worse than it is in Zimbabwe, i.e. > 80%.

It was probably on this site that I read it :)

·
Registered
22,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...appalling leve of unemployment in Zimbabwe - 80%!!!!

I read somewhere that true unemployment figures for Spain are being covered-up and actually the situation is worse than it is in Zimbabwe, i.e. > 80%.

It was probably on this site that I read it :)

Sorry, I don't find that amusing, especially coming from a foreigner.
34% of people in my area are unemployed, over 60% of them young.
Perhaps you should tell them that they should move to Zimbabwe then...taking the LandRovers and Jaguars they have bought with them...:rolleyes:

Can you not understand the simple facts that if thirty or fifty or a hundred immigrants get a job in Spain or those with the money buy a LandRover, Jaguar or Rolls Royce that does nothing to alleviate the plight of the over six million without work, many of whom have no source of income whatsoever?? And that, nice as it may be to be pleased that a few guiris find well-paid work, one in three Spaniards here is seeking work...in vain?

Do you know any unemployed people and their families here??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts