Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for all the retired USA expats there in the Philippines. Now you can go out after the first of the year and eat more Mcdonalds or Jolly Bees! Ha Ha. We just got notified that our SS will increase by 2.2 % each month. WOW! How about that?

Art

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
This is for all the retired USA expats there in the Philippines. Now you can go out after the first of the year and eat more Mcdonalds or Jolly Bees! Ha Ha. We just got notified that our SS will increase by 2.2 % each month. WOW! How about that?

Art
Art, All I am seeing online is the 2.2% COLA raise but it says nothing about that happening each month.
If you have other conflicting info, please post a link to it.

Thanks
Jet

Reactions: Isla Verde

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Jet,

Are you joking me? I figure there are 2 ways to calculate the increase. Multiply the annual by 2.2 % and divide it by 12 or 2.2 % times each month payment comes out the same. Either way it is a 2.2 % increase. Maybe I am making it to confusing. hahaha

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Hey Jet,

Are you joking me? I figure there are 2 ways to calculate the increase. Multiply the annual by 2.2 % and divide it by 12 or 2.2 % times each month payment comes out the same. Either way it is a 2.2 % increase. Maybe I am making it to confusing. hahaha
Okay,,,, now I'm understanding what you meant but yea. 2018 COLA increase will be 2.2% and that matches the info I found.
Too bad it's not 10 or 15%. I might even splurge and buy a hot apple pie at Mc. Donald's. Hahaha ;)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Tukaram

Sorry to inform you but I heard through the grapevine the government is canceling SS in 2026. That means you are out of luck in 10 years. hahahaha Just kidding.

·
Registered
657 Posts
...as little SS as I am going to get... I am not worried ha ha. My job for the last 15 years I worked did not pay into the system (government job) so my SS amount will be ridiculously small - even though I paid on for over 20 years before that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts